Should Magma make more updates?

Talk about anything here.

Should Magma make more updates?

Yes, I have a 11 page feature request list typed and ready to post.
44%
Yes, if Myth stagnates it'll die sooner rather than later.
22%
Depends on what new features would be added, but I guess so.
24%
Only if I don't have to know about it until it's finished.
2%
Oh God, where's my 1.3.2 disc.
7%

Total votes: 41

Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Not sure if this is a bug or feature: F4 which controls sound volume also brings up the quit game prompt. Shouldn't Alt-F4 do this? I also noticed some weird lag issues that effected everyone in game, possible due to conflicting builds. Hmm, Can't think of anything else bugwise.

Concerning a cool new feature that only has a tiny chance of being integrated: a secondary special attack button would add a LOT to myth gameplay, but would probably be too much work considering the time you want to release this build.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Oh. You mean that was *bug*?? Here I thought they were just trying to stop me attacking friendlies in WoR...

Yeah it was build 270. Craaazy... thankyou for the info.

"Also to put things straight. There are NO planned updates beyond 1.5.2."

Yah - I heard someone say this long before this thread got started.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

One thing I always wanted back when I was heavy into running MF.com was more stats reported from teh game to the server.

I always thought the 'Tourney' rooms were useless but could be sooo much better if the game could just report more complete stats... i.e. do actual MWC type scoring (even for CTF) in-game. Films in tourneys would become redundant, scoring for tourney matches would be immediate and automatic. If we had had that, building an automated web based Tourney system would have been a piece of cake. Organizing something as involved as MWC would have been as easy as a few mouse-clicks.

It's an idea who's time has long passed, but it's still the one cool thing I always wanted that never even came close to getting added.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Heya PPE!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Gleep wrote:Concerning a cool new feature that only has a tiny chance of being integrated: a secondary special attack button would add a LOT to myth gameplay, but would probably be too much work considering the time you want to release this build.
I don't see how that would be a good idea, Gleep. There is a way around it though. You could take advantage of the Inventory feature that was added. Switch artifacts and use a different special attack. This way you can have more than just two special attacks. :cool:
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Pyro--Why wouldn't it be a good idea? Artifacts have known issues with priorities. This would prevent that and the need for switching, allowing faster gameplay with specials. It could also double the available specials from 9 to 18. Mazz could really be an archmage then.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Gleep wrote:Pyro--Why wouldn't it be a good idea? Artifacts have known issues with priorities. This would prevent that and the need for switching, allowing faster gameplay with specials. It could also double the available specials from 9 to 18. Mazz could really be an archmage then.
By bad idea I don't mean it shouldn't be implemented or that there won't be a use of it... I think it would be great if they do add that... but as you said there is slim chance somebody will go to the trouble of making an update with that feature. I don't know how the programming goes but it might be quite some work for something that could be done through the Inventory feature that was already added.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

ChrisP wrote:Heya PPE!
Howdy ChrisP (and the rest of y'all) !
sillek

Post by sillek »

Not sure if I should suggest a feature here, but...I will anyway.

In Loathing, Heroic/Legendary difficulty required units appear with blue and red/bronzish tint. Is it possible to get Simple/Normal units tinted their own unique colour as well ? There is no way to tell Simple + Normal units apart from Timid ones other than opening them up. Yes, this is easy..but having them tinted would be easier/quicker/spiffier looking/etc.

Also, what is the "Requires Plugin" checkbox in the mesh tags ? Do I check that if a map requires a tagset to play ?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

sillek wrote:Is it possible to get Simple/Normal units tinted their own unique colour as well ?
Actually that's a good idea. Maybe green for Normal and yellow for Simple. And Timid being left... no change there. Of course this idea might have been given out too late.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

id give no tint to normal. We don't need all the units on a map to be tinted, only those on special difficulty.
Yellow for timid and green for simple.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Zeph wrote:id give no tint to normal. We don't need all the units on a map to be tinted, only those on special difficulty.
Yellow for timid and green for simple.

The reason I suggested having Simple and Normal tinted instead of Timid and Simple is that... a unit in Timid will show up in all the difficulties.. so tinting them seems pointless. Of course we don't need all units to be tinted but if it is done the way you say, Zeph, there will be more tinted units on a map. There are more units in a Normal level than in Timid level.