Share GURPS Myth!

Talk about anything here.
remedial

Post by remedial »

Death's Avatar wrote:but in general I think the folks around here disdain it because it is not myth-canon.
This is my main problem with it. I own it- its a decent read- and does have some good ideas for quests etc. but I'm not entirely sure if the information is altogether "official."

It also has some (mediocre) tips for using F&L to create RPG campaigns within the game- which sort of defeats the purpose of the book.

I would, however, love to play a Myth MMORPG 8) Has anyone tried to simulate one using scripting? I'm sure its been done on some level.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Fury has been working for months on an RPG quest kind of persistant world on his most recent map.

he has posted about it on these forums, He also made the map Hero Quest wich has some nifty RPG styled action and things like picking up gold from dead enemies to buy certain items from a shopkeeper.

My favorite is the Tiny ruby spider pet that the warlock can buy. it follows the warlock around and about 20% of the time it will attack enemies near the warlock.

see what the newest version of heroquest at the tain or in fury's folder is.
and be sure to read the readme!

-Renwood
Peach Out
remedial

Post by remedial »

I believe I did download a version of Hero Quest from his hotline folder a while back- very cool project.

I was thinking more along the lines of a multiplayer map- where you could use unit trading to select a class- and then hang out on a map killing shit with your friends. More of a Diablo-esque feel. Ah... pipe dreams.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

its funny you said that beacuse thats the only thing i can think of when i imagine a persistant world type myth gameplay.

you have your normal myth been around for years multiplayer and COOP....then you also can ALSO choose to join persistant servers where the maps are about 20X bigger then normal maps, and there is recurring scripting happening all over the place 24 hours day. You can only control 1 unit at a time on the persistant server, there are towns and quests and wars going on all over. So you can spend hours vetting up a J man if you want and then export that j man to a "vet unit bank" and use him in multi player or single player COOP games.

the biggest problem is this would require the addition of the much talked about (at least in dev circles) "Join/Rejoin a game in progress feature"
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:...the biggest problem is this would require the addition of the much talked about (at least in dev circles) "Join/Rejoin a game in progress feature"
If that's the BIGGEST problem/task you can see in your imagined Myth multiplayer online world, you need new glasses.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

VR your a worthless troll. Now please do fuck off
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote:VR your a worthless troll. Now please do fuck off
Renwood you are a troll too :(

Plz stop.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

duplicate deleted
Last edited by vinylrake on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Ok, I thought about it a bit and I apologize Ren.

I realize my thinking about your posts is not accurate. See, I reply the way I do because to ME it appears you are making completely ridiculous statements about things you don't know anything about. BUT, if I really believe someone doesn't know much about the topic the person is replying to, then it's perfectly reasonable and to be expected that that person will say things I might find ridiculous.

So my apologies Ren. I will try to keep in mind that you are not writing from a programming/development background before replying to any future posts you make on this or similar topics.

ps. I realize this post might sound incendiary or trollish, but I've actually edited it to be as judgement free as I can. I do believe you have less knowledge of programming and application development than I do, but I am sure there are as many or more things which you know far more than I do about. So no implied value judgement about lack of knowledge, just more understanding I hope.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

DA you calling me a troll means you dont know the meaning of it.
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

See that? That right there? I don't care what you call it. Stop it.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Death's Avatar wrote:See that? That right there? I don't care what you call it. Stop it.
Seconded!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

DA if you really wanted it to stop, you wouldnt allways try to get in the last word. BTW i was talking with VR, so why the fuck did you chime in anyways fuckhead?
Peach Out
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

DA wasn't trying to get the last word, he was trying to calm people down.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Renwood TWA wrote:DA if you really wanted it to stop, you wouldnt allways try to get in the last word.
Toddler logic. You could have just as easily walked out of the thread, right?
Is the last word that important? If you want it so badly then fine - have it. As long as the stupidity stops...
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em