Random obscure stuff

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

VR, where did you hear about these things? I'm more interested in knowing the source about Fear's hidden puzzle game.
Baak

Post by Baak »

iron wrote:Well, there's this message on Beyond the Cloudspine (though not underwater)...

That formation spells "David" in the Braille Alphabet. Kewl. :)

I haven't figured out the game yet (only looked at it in total awe for a few minutes while working) - amazing to me that it's hidden in there - pretty impressive! Pyro: where the heck did you hear about it??!

I couldn't get the shift-ctrl-right-click thing to work.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Baak wrote:Pyro: where the heck did you hear about it??!
From VR... in this thread he made. :P Took me a while to get used to the game. I think the first one is harder than some of the ones after it. What I mean is each time you open it, it plays game #1. You can always choose a different number of course. Once you beat it, it opens the next number.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Baak wrote: That formation spells "David" in the Braille Alphabet. Kewl. :)
Indeed it does. The scripter for that level's name was David, and I do believe its an oblique reference to 2001 Space Odyssey - apparently at some point Dave & Frank were communicating using Braille & HAL said he was able to read it (haven't been able to find the exact quote from the book or movie though).
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:VR, where did you hear about these things? I'm more interested in knowing the source about Fear's hidden puzzle game.
These were a couple of factiods that jumped out at me from a mega bungi fan quiz I found on Friday that I _think_ was located on bungie.com somewhere. I _think_ I saved the link on my other comp. let me know if you want it.

fyi. It is a HUGE Bungie trivia quiz - lots of arcane Bungie staff questions and halo related stuff as well as questions related to really OLD stuff like pathways to darkness, Abuse, and spinoffs of Pathways, and just useless weird stuff. I got through I think around 150 questions and the gauge said I wasn't even halfway done so I gave up as I didn't have hours to devote to reading through the whole thing.