MYTH total war at TWC forums

Talk about anything here.
Briariuss

Re: MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by Briariuss »

Hi Gizmo

sorry for late response
I don't know anything about this project (lots of pages to read), but it looks promising, keep up the good work, and if you have a project site or something, let me know...
It doesn't have its own site..you can find everything about the project on that TWcenter, thread. This is gonna be a modification for the CA game Medieval2 Total war.
my map is in no way better looking or more original or whatever, gray is wrong =).
Gray is actually right, your map indeed looks awesome and the fact you expanded the world with a whole new continent was even more awesome :) I decided to use the original MythTFL map cause the modification is based on the first Myth game.
This map is gonna be the actual strategy map of the mod's campaign,
but making a total-war campaign is not a one man job (coding mostly :( )
Soo for the first release I want to make a custom battle, one or two historical battle and a multiplayer mod..to achieve this, is still a huge amount of work but it can be done by one man.

When I'll see the end of my job I'll start to make contacts with TW coders, and mappers, script makers, and you guys for the lore :wink: ..to gather a team and make a proper campaign for it...

After everything works fine, the map can be easily extended..so if you willing to give your permission to use your map later that'd be really generous!

Cheers
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi,

Check out some drawings on TWC..I hope you'll like it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... 46&page=22
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

For those looking for an update, Briar posted some screenshots of the Trow, and is currently finishing the final unit, Fetch.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Got a link to the page they're on Godz? I spent a good 25 minutes before my shift started sifting through the OP images, and then something like the last 5 pages of the 26 page thread. I saw some talk about how the Trow and Fetch were completed, but I couldn't find images of them!
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

awesome
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

I'm glad you like it guys. :) Good to see that there are still some activity and interest to the mod..I'm working on it ..I just slowed down a little. :(
And thanks again Godz for that group picture...
Road

Post by Road »

Ill have to get this when its done, liven up my TW2 a little :D
Point

Post by Point »

that last utube video was beyond cool... great work... looks like you are making a whole new total war and myth... TOTAL MYTH IV ...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Point wrote:that last utube video was beyond cool... great work... looks like you are making a whole new total war and myth... TOTAL MYTH IV ...
Thx Point. :) I know that I can't make the same experience (better graphics) as it is in Myth the Fallen lords so I'm trying to make something new and use the best benefits of Med2 Total War...
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I've been meaning to say this but I kept thinking someone else might say it and I wouldn't need to say it myself. I don't think the dwarf is suppose to have that color of skin. They have skin color like the humans. Take a look at this image.

They just don't have a tan like the berserks. :P
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi Pyro

This can be easily changed..So I might will..;) I started the mod and units from memories..and impressions while i was playing it as a child and even though I searched for reference images on the net I remembered this guy that he had a kind of yellow-ish color. Godzfire gave me references soo I know that the dwarves supposed to have more natural skin color...but I kinda like them this way.. :wink:
Road

Post by Road »

I recall them as having orange skin and green hair :D
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

For a few more days Medieval II (Gold) is on sale on Steam for $6.69. If anyone is wanting to get this game in preparation for the release of this mod, now is a good time to buy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4700/
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Isolder wrote:For a few more days Medieval II (Gold) is on sale on Steam for $6.69. If anyone is wanting to get this game in preparation for the release of this mod, now is a good time to buy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4700/
Nice heads up! Short notice though..the final version of the mod is gonna be working on M2TW -Kingdoms expansion. :wink:

EDIT: Sorry , I see this megapack contains Kingdoms too.. :oops: