An idea for a map, series of maps, TC... - horror genre...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
}Oirate]

Post by }Oirate] »

I've recently gotten into the horror, resident evil, night of the dead stuff. Not the greatest movies, but the the games were cool. Anyway, I thought I'd throw this idea out. Some kind of M2 Conversion with the horror movie flick/genre in mind. You could wander around in a city or a building(s?) (trying to complete some objectives), and if I could figure out how to get the camera angles right, it could be made into something pretty scary (IMHO). Example: you start walking down a hall, and you hear a crash behind you, it zooms to your units eye level, and quickly rotates the camera behind you so it looks as if you're looking through your units eyes, and you see some kind of crate/trash can/whatever roll by in a cross-section of the hallway (and of course some evil monsters shadow). Unfortuantly, I have a Mac, so I can't get the Fear and Loathing updates...any ideas in how to get this to work? Now, I don't know if I'll ever start this, but I thought the information would be useful if I ever did (or if one of you ever used it).