Confusion: which Myth 3 patch should be used? - 1.3.1 from FlyingFlip or 1.2 from Magma?

Talk about anything here.
Seoulstriker

Post by Seoulstriker »

Which patch should be used? I'm pretty disappointed with patch 1.3.1 from flying flip. Is it recommended to use patch 1.2 from Project Magma?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

You can give it a try if you want.

I think most others are using 1.3.1 though. Mind you, there isn't a huge m3 comunity to begin with, so I guess there's less of a reason to follow the pack.

Project Magma maybe be releasing another minor update for myth 3 based on our changes to the myth core library in the future. We don't mean to compete with Flying Flip with regards to M3 updates, but we figured we'd give people a choice, much like they have done with tfl 1.4.5.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Seoulstriker

Post by Seoulstriker »

Hmmmm. Maybe I should ask you (and others) for a personal opinion: which one is better for singleplayer?
CIK

Post by CIK »

Either should work, though I can't say I've spent any time playing flip's version. This quesiton is probably best answered by someone who has played through solo on both versions, which is probably a very small handful of people.

Just for the record if FF would be willing, I'd be willing to support a unified version.
The Elfoid_TFS

Post by The Elfoid_TFS »

I've been using FlyingFlip's patch for a while and had no trouble.

PlayMyth.net seem to consider him the "proper" Myth III developer, since his patch is in the "what do I need to download" section.

While on the topic, what was in Patch 1.2.0 that isn't in 1.3.1 anyway? I might install a second version of Myth III.

I think FF's TFL 1.4.5 was a waste of time. It isn't compatible with the latest patch available for PC and it's not that different.