Ambient Sound Quirk - From A Very Idiot Halloween

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Hi All,

We're loading up A Very Idiot Halloween for this weekend and I have a question:

The "ambient music" for this mesh plays at a higher/faster pitch than if I go into fear and play the sound tag, yet the pitch there is 1.000 to 1.000 - in fact, if I adjust the pitch *nothing* changes. But adjusting the volume there *does* work.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me being on a PC?

Interesting to me that A Very Idiot Christmas appears to have the same quirk.

[NOTE: This is not a 1.5 issue, it's always been this way]

I'm wondering:

(1) Why can't I change the pitch of the ambient sound?

(2) If I chance the volume in the amb sound tag but don't change the tagID, and rebuild the plugin with the same name, will it *not* go OOS with just this one change?

Thanks in advance for any guidance. :)
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Sounds have always been weird in Myth. It is a cross platformform issue -- I remember when the Idiots were making these maps that the problem came up, but nearly all of us were on Macs, so it was probably a difficult problem to try to correct. Aside from reimporting a new sound file, I don't know how the problem would be fixed -- sorry.
Mauglir
Baak

Post by Baak »

I kinda suspected that. :(

Well, I did manage to adjust the volume down to the bare minimum (0.004 or 0.008 was the lowest - can't remember now) and it was much better.

I'm still wondering if that's all I change if it will go OOS with another player using the old one. I wouldn't change tagID's or anything, just the volume.

Might just test it to see...

Thanks for your help! :)