About Green Berets

Talk about anything here.
RECIVS

About Green Berets

Post by RECIVS »

Hello everyone. I just started playing your version of Myth II and GB yesterday and I have to say I liked them very much. The last time I played the original was 15 years ago; they brought back some sweet memories. Congratulations for all your good work!

However, I have a couple of questions regarding GBs, and I can't seem to find answers anywhere else:

The GBs don't react at all even when attacked. Was it like this in the original? If my memory isn't failing me, the GBs used to react, but I may be wrong.

Also, I see orders may still be issued even if the game is paused. I don't recall using this feature in the original, was it included?

Thanks in advance
RECIVS

Re: About Green Berets

Post by RECIVS »

I've found the guide in one of my old HDs! It was an online guide (no longer available) that I converted to Word back in the day. I have attached the file in case someone is interested.
Attachments
Green Berets Guide.rar
(1013.03 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Last edited by RECIVS on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Sorry I don't know the answer to the questions in your original post, hopefully someone else will.
RECIVS wrote:I've found the guide in one of my old HDs! It was an online guide (no longer available) that I converted to Word back in the day. I have the file in case someone is interested.
If you can put the guide in a .zip file, you can attach the .zip to a post on this forum.

If it seems useful or historically interesting we can host it in the tain archive.
RECIVS

Post by RECIVS »

Melekor wrote:If you can put the guide in a .zip file, you can attach the .zip to a post on this forum.
Done. I tried with the original but it was not allowed. It has now been converted to PDF and compressed with WinRAR.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Very cool, that seems like a comprehensive guide. What do you think about submitting it to the tain archive? You can submit directly here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/new
RECIVS

Post by RECIVS »

Melekor wrote:Very cool, that seems like a comprehensive guide. What do you think about submitting it to the tain archive? You can submit directly here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/new
Done. Thanks!

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/g ... rets-guide
Webs2738

Post by Webs2738 »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but was this issue ever resolved?
Got the urge to play through games from my childhood during lockdown, but it's almost impossible when units aren't moving around or firing back at enemies in guard mode.

Is there a work around that anyone knows?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I believe it was originally designed that way, due to the behavior of units in Myth II 1.3, to have them acidentally kill each other.

You could make a patch that 'fixes' this, but that's the only solution.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD