Myth III: The Wolf Age widescreen issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
michz89

Myth III: The Wolf Age widescreen issue

Post by michz89 »

Hello! I am a newcomer to the Tain forum but have been using the website before. Without your guides here I would never be able to re-live my best gaming moments for childhood.

Recently I've been wanting to replay that Myth saga. Installing and making Soulblighter alongside TFL levels working went flawlessly, however the Wolf Age gives me problems. I can run it but I can't do it in widescreen. (my laptop's native res in 1920x1080). Now, I've installed patch 1.3.1 and I can see an option to play in 1920x1080 in display settings but as soon as I apply it, the game screen stops being centered and half of it is cut out.

Has anyone encountered it before? Do you have any suggestions? I really want to play it :cry:
Jeoku

Re: Myth III: The Wolf Age widescreen issue

Post by Jeoku »

If you are on windows try running in compatibility mode and also try changing the high DPI settings.

I would also try running it in some other widescreen resolutions besides the native resolution. This isn't really solving the issue but might get you by happily enough.
michz89

Re: Myth III: The Wolf Age widescreen issue

Post by michz89 »

Compatibility didn't work (as usual) but you were absolutely correct about DPI settings. Now the 1920x1080 fullscreen works perfectly. Thank you very much. Top man!