Green Berets Gameplay

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
PLATINUM12

Green Berets Gameplay

Post by PLATINUM12 »

Been playing a lot of Green Berets lately and I seem to recall that units would auto if enemies were in sight/they are attacked.

In the solo missions, your units never react unless you tell them to attack. If you click on an enemy, they'll shoot that enemy, and then stop. You have to keep on clicking to get them to attack.

When using just the tagset on non Green Berets maps, units will auto according to proximity and if fired upon.

I feel as if this change came about with one of the updates. The solo missions are hard enough but it makes some levels virtually impossible. Any way to correct this?

Also, one of the cutscenes on "De Oppresso Liber" is a hit or miss. When you gain control of your units and you help the ARVN's fend off the first wave, the two squads gather up to converse. Sometimes the units line up but no dialogue begins, forcing you to restart the game.

Here's an upload of an instance where it doesn't work.
Attachments
GB Glitch.zip
Green Berets De Oppresso Liber Cutscene Glitch
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
PLATINUM12

Re: Green Berets Gameplay

Post by PLATINUM12 »

OH and the other issue is when using the GB Tagset in solo missions on NON-GB maps, the enemies are terrible. i.e. their range is basically dwarf range. They run up very close to your units before actually starting to attack.

And on snow maps the units are not moveable either.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

IIRC, the not auto attacking thing was left over from 1.3, which is the version of Myth II that this was made for. Back then, they basically would be team killing every mission it you hacked on auto attacking. It was borderline impossible to beat.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
PLATINUM12

Post by PLATINUM12 »

Jon God wrote:IIRC, the not auto attacking thing was left over from 1.3, which is the version of Myth II that this was made for. Back then, they basically would be team killing every mission it you hacked on auto attacking. It was borderline impossible to beat.
Hm I gotcha. Might make more sense if the tagset was set up like that since when using the tagset, you are generally gifted way more units to use. In the solo missions, you're only in control of 6 units for the most part, some missions having a few extra.

In a couple missions for example like "De Oppresso Liber" and "From All Sides" having the auto would really help, especially from the 2nd one because that one is virtually impossible to win solo without your units autoing on a few runners for the flag.

Another issue is the missile firing when using helicopters. They won't fire on first command if you t-click. You have to rapidly t-click for them to fire, or you have to press stop (spacebar) or taunt, and then t-click again for them to engage.