Request: Remove required approval for Tain uploads

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
GodzFire

Request: Remove required approval for Tain uploads

Post by GodzFire »

Just went to upload something to The Tain, and I see that it's still required to have staff approval before an item gets posted. Even more amazing, is that apparently I've had 2 items waiting to be approved for 7.5 years.

Since the staff here (aka 2 people) already are stretched ultra thin as it is and have their own busy lives, and I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be any upcoming upload craze, would it be possible to disable the need for item approval prior to getting posted? It just doesn't make sense anymore.
erileykc

Re: Request: Remove required approval for Tain uploads

Post by erileykc »

Sounds like a good idea. It would also seem a good idea to be able to date or rank plugs and tags. I've got Gigs of old plugs and can't sort out useful from useless files reliably.
Yankee
hmp

Post by hmp »

Agreed. Alternately, if the admins do think there is a need for everything to be reviewed, perhaps add more people with review permissions? I would be happy to do so, as I'm sure many others (well I guess there's not 'many' of us still around) would as well.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I would agree with making hmp a tain approver. I'll try to figure out how to do that in a little while unless Myrd beats me to it.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Melekor wrote:I would agree with making hmp a tain approver. I'll try to figure out how to do that in a little while unless Myrd beats me to it.
In my opinion that still diverts the issue as opposed to solving it, with the expectation now on HMP. What I mean is it still creates an artificial bottleneck when at this stage of Myth and the community's life, there isn't a need.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I looked at the database tables a little but it's not clear to me which bit actually makes someone able to approve tain items. Is it just being a moderator on the forum? Poked Myrd about this.