Can I add a flag?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
pseudonym

Can I add a flag?

Post by pseudonym »

OK, my brother and I started playing again. We like the 1v1 overwhelming aspects of this awesome game. We like playing territories mostly. We like the Old School TFL game play. I am so thankful that even playing it is possible.

But I was wondering... with these map making tools and such.... how could I go about changing a plugin to have one more flag in territories? I am thinking of maps like Desert. It simply needs a 7th flag in the center.

I don't care if the plugin doesn't circulate beyond my brother and myself. How do I go about making this kind of change? Can I even modify an existing plugin?

(I am a professional potter now and answer all kinds of pottery questions. Help a not-so-technical man out if you can!)

Thanks
juliocpaes

Re: Can I add a flag?

Post by juliocpaes »

pseudonym

welcome to Myth,
We like the Old School TFL game play.
explain more ...

You play only TFL ? (and not Myth2 The Fallen Levels v2 ??? )and you want add a flag ("netgame territories flag") on your only in the TFL ?
your PC is a Mac or Windows ?

?
hmp

Post by hmp »

To modify maps in the base game, the simplest way is to just open the map in loathing, click the scenery tool, and then select the territories flag from the list (IIRC should be listed as something like "netgame territories flag") and then place it wherever you want.

Save the map and quit loathing, then open fear and select file -> build plugin. Save it as whatever name you want. It will be automatically added to your plugins folder.

If you want to do the same to a map from a plugin, then you will have to first extract the plugin to your local folder using a program like oak or untag, then make the changes and build a plugin again.

If you need more help, theres a mapmaking discord channel https://discord.gg/mUGeGaq where you can probably get quicker responses.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yes, we are playing via The Fallen Level. Awesome stuff. :-)

Thanks hmp. I think I know what your instructions mean. I'll try it.