Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta 2

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta 2

Post by Myrd »

Project Magma is proud to announce that the second public beta of Myth II version 1.8.2 is now available.

Public Beta 2 fixes some issues found in the first 1.8.2 beta. You can check the updated readme for all the details.

Myth II 1.8.2 is an incremental update over Myth II 1.8.1, adding the ability to join co-op games after they have been started, a new and improved higher-resolution interface and a number of other improvements and bug fixes.

Download it here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... lic-beta-2

To see the detailed list of changes, consult the ReadMe here: Readme_1.8.2_beta2.pdf

Everyone is encouraged to install the beta, and help test the next version of Myth II. We need your help to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

Please post all bug reports regarding Myth II 1.8.2 in this thread.

Note: This beta is set to expire February 16th, by which time we expect to have the final version released.
erileykc

Re: Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta 2

Post by erileykc »

Public beta 2 installer is failing on my Mac running OS 10.10.5. Original public beta has timed out. A copy of Build 440 still opens but the install simply stalls. I identify the folder with the working copy of Myth, and the installer 'continue' button goes blue. I press 'Install' in the next screen but that button is only blue when the mouse pointer is over it and it fails to install or do anything else, no message no response. It's not crashed, I can dismiss the installer but no indication of whats up so.... whats up?
Yankee
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You didn't have this issue with the first beta installer? Could you try downloading it again just to make sure it wasn't corrupt? If you can't get it to work, in the meantime you could try a manual install. As Myrd mentioned in a different thread:
You can show package contents and find required.zip.7z inside it which has the files.
Then you can extract the files. Have the plugins from the beta 2 replace the ones you have in your plugins folder. Place the new Myth2 app into your Myth II folder and run it.
Mılk Man

Post by Mılk Man »

Dear Project Magma and the Myth Community,

I would like to request that in-game join for observers be implemented for multiplayer games, preferably as an option that could be turned on and off by the host. It's still really common to be waiting for a multi game and then be distracted and fail to join when they RS quickly. Would be great to be able to snowball big multiplayer games faster, with interested players joining as soon as they become interested. I've talked to many other players and they agree that it would be a nice feature.

Thank you for all your hard work,
Milk Man
wonka

Post by wonka »

I second Milk Man's request.
Trevelyan

Post by Trevelyan »

I second Wonka’s seconding of Milk Man’s request
Point

Post by Point »

FYI- the beta 2 installer does not seem to work on a mac that has already had beta 1 installed... it does work on some un updated mythII folders but seems to just say NO on others.

mac osx 10.6.8
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

This is my experience trying to install beta 2 on an OS 10.10 mac as well.
Point wrote:FYI- the beta 2 installer does not seem to work on a mac that has already had beta 1 installed... it does work on some un updated mythII folders but seems to just say NO on others.

mac osx 10.6.8
Yankee
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Point wrote:FYI- the beta 2 installer does not seem to work on a mac that has already had beta 1 installed... it does work on some un updated mythII folders but seems to just say NO on others.

mac osx 10.6.8
What's the error? Because I'm not able to reproduce it.

Also, is there any error printed in Console.app after installation fails?

Can you list the directory contents of your Myth folder by opening Terminal.app and typing:
ls -al -R <your myth folder path>

If you don't know your myth folder path, you can just drag it into the Terminal window after typing "ls -al -R" followed by a space.
Point

Post by Point »

it does not crash it simply does nothing when pushing the button. so no error log generated. it works perfectly fine on the demo myth folder. and Beta 1 installer works.

also expanded interface jacks up plugs that change interface aka chimera etc...

I am back on the road tomorrow if I have any layover time I will check it out more.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Point wrote:it does not crash it simply does nothing when pushing the button. so no error log generated. it works perfectly fine on the demo myth folder. and Beta 1 installer works.

also expanded interface jacks up plugs that change interface aka chimera etc...

I am back on the road tomorrow if I have any layover time I will check it out more.
Which button? On which page of the installer?

I would assume that there should be a log generated in Console.app if it fails to advance, since my guess that would happen if the code hit an error.
wonka

Post by wonka »

Mac OS 10.13.3

Install button does nothing on a folder with beta 1 already installed.
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 9.51.13 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 9.51.13 AM.jpg (123.44 KiB) Viewed 14905 times
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

wonka wrote:Mac OS 10.13.3

Install button does nothing on a folder with beta 1 already installed.
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 9.51.13 AM.jpg
Any output in Console.app?
Point

Post by Point »

as he said it does nothing if the folder already has myth updated... it didnt work on a folder that was updated to 1.81 either... push the button and nothing no crash just does nothing... if i switch destination to a newly installed demo folder it updates no problem... I am still traveling maybe some downtime tomorrow

Install <--- no reaction

the previous installer for beta 1 push install and it updates (non updated myth folders)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Okay, I think I found what the problem was. Thanks everyone for reporting it.

I've posted a new version of the Mac installer that should have the issue fixed. Please try it out and confirm whether it works correctly now. Thanks!