Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta

Post by Myrd »

Project Magma is proud to announce that the official public beta of Myth II version 1.8.2 is now available.

Myth II 1.8.2 is an incremental update over Myth II 1.8.1, adding the ability to join co-op games after they have been started, a new and improved higher-resolution interface and a number of other improvements and bug fixes.

Download it here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ublic-beta

To see the detailed list of changes, consult the ReadMe here: Readme_1.8.2_beta.pdf

Everyone is encouraged to install the beta, and help test the next version of Myth II. We need your help to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

Please post all bug reports regarding Myth II 1.8.2 in this thread.

Note: This beta is set to expire February 1st, by which time we expect to have the final version released.
wonka

Re: Myth II 1.8.2 Public Beta

Post by wonka »

I get a black main menu page. If I click around, I can load stuff. I removed "Myth II Interface (800x600)" from the plugins folder and the problem went away.

Linux Debian 3.2.81-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.17.49 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.17.49 PM.jpg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 14351 times

Log:

Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
GateofStormsNet
Patch 1.8 Interface
Myth II Interface (800x600)
Patch Templates
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Mesa GLX Indirect | Mesa project: http://www.mesa3d.org | OpenGL 1.2
Initializing sound with OpenAL...
OpenAL: Loaded OpenAL library 'libopenal.so.1'.
OpenAL initialized successfully.
Closing Myth.
Industry

Post by Industry »

What build tools are you using to create builds for PPC, Intel, Windows and Linux? Is it a single tool or are you compiling the same source on multiple platforms?
eyceguy

Post by eyceguy »

wonka wrote: Linux Debian 3.2.81-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
May I ask why you aren't using a 4.x Kernel? I just tried the on my machine and everything is working. Though I'll keep prodding away to see if I can find any bugs. :-)

Few other questions, what Graphics Card do you have? Are you using a compositor or a traditional X.org setup? Which graphics drivers are you using for your GPU: opensource, proprietary?

Also, I dunno if the devs are still taking suggestions, but I was curious as to the chat and minimap positions when using fullscreen triple monitor. I know I brought it up a while ago, but haven't heard anything since then.

Thanks again for all the work you guys do to keep this game up to date!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Industry wrote:What build tools are you using to create builds for PPC, Intel, Windows and Linux? Is it a single tool or are you compiling the same source on multiple platforms?
We use different tools. Visual Studio for Windows, Make+GCC for Linux, Xcode for Mac UB and CodeWarrior for Mac PPC.
wonka

Post by wonka »

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.02.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.02.34 AM.jpg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 14323 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.02.54 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.02.54 AM.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 14323 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.03.00 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.03.00 AM.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 14323 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yes, that is an issue with metaserver proxied games. These are games where they have not open the port for Myth or have a firewall of some kind but are able to host through the metaserver. It has been fixed for next build. You can tell which games are proxied by using the ".games" command.
wonka

Post by wonka »

eyceguy wrote:
wonka wrote: Linux Debian 3.2.81-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
May I ask why you aren't using a 4.x Kernel?
It's a low end VPS I use strictly for autohosting.
wonka

Post by wonka »

Pyro wrote:Yes, that is an issue with metaserver proxied games.
OK, good to know!
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Possible to get the actual game file rather than an installation file that requires Java SE 6? I don't have that installed
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
hmp

Post by hmp »

This is maybe not a bug, but more of an unexpected behavior from the "player count" map action:

I'm using the player count map action to try and keep track of how many players are in the game and detect when a player leaves or joins the game.

Script basically works by checking whether the number of players = x (x starts as 1). If that fails, it activates two actions, one to check whether number of players > x and one to check num players < x. depending on which one of those actions succeeds, some math actions either add or subtract 1 from x, and then run the script again.

The script works fine when players join, however it seems that when someone leaves the game, the number of players does not actually go down (as far as the player count map action can tell)

I did some other testing and it seems that if a player keeps joining, dropping, and rejoining, then the player index assigned each time keeps going up, and never goes down.

It also seems like there are two additional player indexes perhaps assigned to team 1 and team 2 in coop, that are assigned the indexes following the players in game when the game starts (if the game starts with 1 player then that player will get index 0, indexes 1 and 2 will be reserved, and if a new player joins they will be index 3)

Is all of this correct, or am I making a mistake somewhere with the scripting? If I am correct, it would be nice to have a parameter or action that can count the actual current number of players in the game, rather than just (apparently) counting the total number of player indexes that have been assigned at some point during the game.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote:Possible to get the actual game file rather than an installation file that requires Java SE 6? I don't have that installed
You can show package contents and find required.zip.7z inside it which has the files.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

We've updated beta downloads on all platforms to b443 which fixes some reported issues:
  • • Mid-game joining is now supported for metaserver-proxied games.
    • Games hosted through the metaserver proxy will now correctly disallow joining if they are closed.
    • Fixed issue where sending chat would not work in the game lobby if the host restarted the while you've already entered text.
    • Fixed issue where the host may display an incorrect ping for themselves in-game.
    • Mac installer will now restore 1.8.1 alongside the 1.8.2 public beta.
    • Fixed some errors in the Read Me.
Build 443 is compatible with Build 442 which was the original 1.8.2 beta release, so there should be no issues playing games between the two different builds.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Myrd wrote:
Deceiver wrote:Possible to get the actual game file rather than an installation file that requires Java SE 6? I don't have that installed
You can show package contents and find required.zip.7z inside it which has the files.
Seconded Deceiver's request, as I had requested in another thread. With Java no longer being installed, it would be nice to have the installer changed to a non-Java version, or a manual install offered.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

GodzFire wrote:
Myrd wrote:
Seconded Deceiver's request, as I had requested in another thread. With Java no longer being installed, it would be nice to have the installer changed to a non-Java version, or a manual install offered.
You're literally replying to my post that tells you how to do a manual install. Otherwise, when we ship the final, the installer for that doesn't require Java to be installed.