Myth TFL Crashes after every game

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Dundradal

Myth TFL Crashes after every game

Post by Dundradal »

Hello,

I recently decided to reinstall Myth from my original 1997 cd. I did so and then applied the 1.5 patch. The game launches and plays the actual game fine. But when I beat the first level, or try to restart it, or leave it, the game crashes.

I'm not sure what to do but the log shows that a whole bunch of things are bad. Not exactly sure why. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the content of my Myth Log:

2017-10-21 23:31:01
Myth: TFL Build 264 running under Modern Windows 6.002000 ----------------------------------------------
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File mclient.dll in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3495: Unable to open a file to check if it is a tag file (is tagedit or extractor open?) Err: 5
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File MythTFL_15_Update.exe in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3495: Unable to open a file to check if it is a tag file (is tagedit or extractor open?) Err: 32
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File Myth_TFL.exe in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File Myth_TFL_old.exe in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3483: File readme.txt in the externals folder has invalid flags!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3483: File Readme_1.5.pdf in the externals folder has invalid flags!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File SMACKW32.dll in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File submesh cache in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3495: Unable to open a file to check if it is a tag file (is tagedit or extractor open?) Err: 5
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3483: File tengame.ini in the externals folder has invalid flags!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3478: File uber.dll in the externals folder offsets are bad!
Error: File system General in .\Myth1Code\tag_files.c, line #3483: File uninstal.log in the externals folder has invalid flags!
Using Max Resolution Size x:1920 y:1080

Mouse appears to have 8 buttons and 3 axes.
Closing Myth.
Dundradal

Re: Myth TFL Crashes after every game

Post by Dundradal »

Thank you.
akula65

Post by akula65 »

If you are determined to use the original Myth TFL, then you might try Pyro's suggestion:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6802
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Good call Akula. I updated my post to include Pyro's links to the TFL interface and TFL Multipack