CWR WAVA AOM CPR UPDATES FOR 1.8

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

Re: CWR WAVA AOM CPR UPDATES FOR 1.8

Post by Point »

well a week of rain might actually mean some progress on this stuff...

let me know of any bugs to fix or wants to wish on these various plugs.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

Stop blowing up the artillery, that was a once a year sort of thing. Also make the artillery observe the apparent terrain elevation. They act like the terrain map is different than the visual surface map. Also dial down the cavalry invincibility. In real CW unit strength cav was much weaker than infantry unless they dismounted and fought like infantry.
Yankee
Point

Post by Point »

I will look into it yank... though if the cannons never randomly exploded you would blow everyone off the map with your arty! the thing is random is good in myth and to be honest I am not sure why a non vetted arty shoots into terrain like that.. it should calculate that before firing. might be a random thing in projectile.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Post by Point »

the biggest change in these tagsets can come from these limits being raised.!

could make it less confusing to try and use artifacts that in the past had to have 4 different functions based on range of attack instead of 4 artifacts.

1.8.1 fear crashes a lot for me though 1.8.1 loathing seems ok so far ;)

Point

Post by Point »

still having trouble with the player local projectile groups showing at start of game... 128 seems to be the max that can be created at one time... even if they all have the same definition :(
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

So thats a pretty cool looking map and units WTF is it? I dunno jack about Fear or Loathing though. Are there directions anywhere for using them?
Yankee
Point

Post by Point »

fear and loathing documents are an optional install for myth ...though also come with the update for 1.8.1 if you check the box for installing them.

that map is if I had a war... it has all the myth wAvA combat units on it basically a test map to test all the unit features including air power.