Errors in the Stats of Myth and Myth II

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Anisvara

Errors in the Stats of Myth and Myth II

Post by Anisvara »

Hello everybody!

For the wrong statistic in Bagrada Mode Legendary (missing units are casualties) Melekor made a note.

In some levels of Myth I & Myth 2 there are missing killed units. Nevertheless the personal counting for the forces is correct.

I remember 2 Missions to demonstrate it:

Myth I "Pools of Iron" - the killed Thralles are missing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IPloCBVH0

Myth II - "The great Library" - The killed Fetches are missing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM5TKJ4leaQ

I think the Problem is in few other parts of Myth too. As I remember this is not a problem of the Magma updates. It might be a foult in the Bungie original versions.

Regards Olaf
Enjoy Across the Gjol 3 (Dark) Legendary & 1054 Casualties & The Watcher No Casualties
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Errors in the Stats of Myth and Myth II

Post by Myrd »

I think for the great library, it just shows as many as can fit on the dialog - so it stops at 4.
Anisvara

Post by Anisvara »

Yes for the Great Library it might be possible that only 4 units are counted by the stats. But Pools of Iron there are only Myrmidons and Trows in the stats.

Another point. I played "Shiver" and "Twice Born". Here are in the stats the killed computer guided units listed as Casualties. In Shiver it´s not possible to get a "No Casualties" at the end but the Te Deceiver is not listed as a loss. In Twice Born I have the computer steered units in the stats. I use update 1.8.0. In the version 1.7.2 threre are only the own units listed.
Enjoy Across the Gjol 3 (Dark) Legendary & 1054 Casualties & The Watcher No Casualties
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

This is due to the way the Thrall are marked in the map. They are marked as "uncontrollable", so the game won't add them as killed by the player due to this setting. For Twice Born, it is the opposite, units that were once uncontrollable are controllable causing them to count in the stats. All these are known issues which can be easily fixed. However, fixing them would break compatibility with previous versions. To create a fix that does not break compatibility would require more work. Some day maybe.
Anisvara

Post by Anisvara »

I think for Twice Born might be the error in the update. The 1.7.2 players have no casualities for the computer steered units, but I saw only 2 videos, one in mode normal and one in mode heroic. And I know two videos mode legendary 1.8.0 with casualties for the computer steered units.

Well it is not for me, I am ready with Myth II.