Myth II 1.8.1 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
juliocpaes

Re: Myth II 1.8.1 Public Beta

Post by juliocpaes »

when it has finished update 1.8.1 I want that Brenda (smockeh) do Myth II 1.8.1 Promo in video youtube ... :mrgreen:
king paris

Post by king paris »

http://oi64.tinypic.com/rwtpnp.jpg
my dwarf survived impeccable odds and managed to live without a necessity of most myth units, a health bar
attached film as well, hope it helps!
Attachments
181betahealthbarbug.zip
(14.95 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
hey :D
Murphfix

Post by Murphfix »

1.8.1 tests report:
1. VSync still not working in OpenGL mode unless it has been forced via drivers control panel:
Seems to be an old problem and could not to be depend on game source. AMD Radeon 250x card with the latest drivers. I cannot do the tests with other games using OpenGL. The good way is to check it on any NVidia card. Set the max FPS to 60 not preventing little camera shutter like when FPS is close to 300. VSync enabled > MaxFPS=60 :) No problem in DX11 mode. myth.log with no error msg).
2. On Windows 10 it is impossible to Alt-tabbing the running game if you don't have any folder, internet browser or any other full-screen application opened so you can't just go back to Windows desktop then:
I don't have an idea if is the way to do something with it, but it is certainly nothing special with needs to be fixed.
3. Works like charm - great work guys like always.
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

Wondering if a couple sound issues have been addressed in this new version.

I've noticed since about 2011 that quite a few sounds having separated stereo tracks will not play correctly (on the Mac side, anyway). They'll come across substantially slowed, often sounding like a whine. If it happens to be a dialog track, it's slowed and slurred almost beyond recognition.

There are numerous 3rd party plugin examples of this---from 1999, forward---but within the standard application itself the sample that's been an issue for years is the ambient sound "amb mntn st". It plays as a high-pitched whine (see above).

I personally have corrected this in my own Myth 1.8.0 install, swapping both embedded "amb mntn st" permutations with AIFC files mixed-down to mono. Works perfectly, like the others I've swapped here and there.

Trouble it, this is a huge, huge hassle. The only commonality seems to be true separated stereo tracks as opposed to a singular mono track.

Cheers.
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

Sound:

Forgot that another of the years old bad sounds was "amb day birds st". As with the previous situation, I'm running a corrected version in my own local folder.

Without the fix, the birds sound like a stoned flute.
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

Out of curiosity, I tried some quick troubleshooting with the above-mentioned sounds issue. Found something quite interesting, and maybe someone with real expertise will now be able to solve this, once and for all:

Let's take the sound "ambient castle st" for example. It's a two-track stereo sound. Placing this sound on a map, via Loathing, results in it being rendered as a high-pitched whine when triggered in the game (it plays very slowly). However, if "ambient castle st" is selected as the map's default ambient sound, via Fear, it plays fine.

After some other testing, there's definitely a connection to the way the game renders stereo sounds when said sound is placed as an item via Loathing. This of course results in a lot of older 3rd party plugins having very slow dialogue playback, and whatnot (for example "Coming of the Dark I" toward the end of the level), and I have to imagine it's having an effect on the standard Bungie meshes, too.

Why am I placing these messages in the beta discussion? Because this issue started years ago, probably with 1.7 or thereabouts. It's never been addressed or corrected. Would be lovely to see it finally go the way of a used wight.

Thanks.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I think I can confirm what Sword Ring is saying and also how long it's been messed up. Listen to the first half of THIS sound sample from The Fortress Of Doom. It occurs when the final wave shows up on the map. I'll tell you right now that there are no tribal chipmunks on the map, and the sound if you listen to it in Fear is much, much slowed speed. There's something that's causing certain sounds (this was stereo as well) to play a lot faster than they should.
chaz

Post by chaz »

This was a few days ago, before I disabled OpenGL. Once I did, by the way, my autohost stopped hanging up inexplicably.

2016-06-17 18:28:40
Myth II Build 430 running under Linux ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 21
Number removed: 2
Number added: 2
New count: 21
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch MariusNet'
DEBUG: Adding 12 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
GateofStormsNet
Patch 1.8 Interface
Patch Templates
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Mesa GLX Indirect | Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org | OpenGL 1.2
Initializing sound with OpenAL...
OpenAL: Loaded OpenAL library 'libopenal.so.1'.
OpenAL initialization failed.
Establishing connection with metaserver at metaserver.gateofstorms.net:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL 1.2 at 1233 x 712
Starting mesh "Death in the Dire Marsh" with 1 plugin...
Magma TFL Multipack
Using 1.8.0 gameplay...
OpenGL: Context setup failed!
Quitting networked game...
Running OpenGL 1.2 at 1233 x 712
Starting mesh "Death in the Dire Marsh" with 2 plugins...
Magma TFL Multipack
Patch 1.5 Unity
Using 1.8.0 gameplay...
OpenGL: Context setup failed!
chaz

Post by chaz »

This was from a couple days later. I include the entire file, so you can see it was running along fine, and then all of the sudden, it started hanging on that one line. Games would load, and then freeze.

http://pastebin.com/ZXM27EKM
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Also this might not be from 1.8.1, but something has changed in the pregame settings where its not hiding titles anymore. I had set this so it wouldn't display the small title for obvious reasons, but something broke/changed between the release of DoD and now.

ScaryMonster

Post by ScaryMonster »

Another example of warriors getting caught on falling bits of thrall. In this case they were able to walk out of it. I am supposing this might be a very fiddly bug to stamp out. Therefore, I submit
Netgame- 2016-06-23 11.44.43+.zip
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
in the spirit of more data points is better than less.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Just installed and tried 1.8.1 for the first time. First thing I noticed is that windowed mode is now huge (as if running a lower screen resolution). If I make it run full screen, most of the screen is cut off. In windowed mode, the bottom 1" of the Myth screen is cut off. When I'm online, I cannot see what I am typing and the bottom line of text in the lobby.

1.8.0 works perfectly fine with all the settings being equal. Here is a log.

Code: Select all

2016-06-23 17:08:21  
Myth II Build 430 running under Modern Windows 6.002000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
	Initial count: 357
	Number removed: 0
	Number added: 0
	New count: 357
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch 1.4 Interface'
DEBUG: Adding 18 monolithic tags:
	small install
	medium install
	large install
	international small install
	international large install
	Patch 1.2
	Patch 1.3
	Patch 1.4
	Patch 1.5
	GateofStormsNet
	Patch 1.8 Interface
	Expanded Interface
	Patch Templates
	Green Berets Detail Textures
	Great Journey HD Textures
	Bogged Down dtex addon
	Gladiators Armageddon Textures
	DR - TSG Texture Pack
Scanning for software devices...
	Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
	Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
	Found adapter: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
	Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
	Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
	Found 1 to use
	Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 | Intel | OpenGL 4.0
Initializing sound with DirectSound...
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
DirectSound initialized successfully.
Establishing connection with metaserver at metaserver.gateofstorms.net:6321...
  Connected.
Running DirectX 11 at 1093 x 614 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Gyre in the Wabe"...
Using 1.8.1 gameplay...
Error: Array Out of Bounds in Myth2Code\shapes.c, line #1197: sequence #3 not in [#0,#1) for "internal meta banner" collection
Error: Array Out of Bounds in Myth2Code\shapes.c, line #1197: sequence #3 not in [#0,#1) for "internal meta banner" collection
Disconnecting from metaserver.
Running DirectX 11 at 1093 x 614 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "Gladiators: Armageddon" with 1 plugin...
	Gladiators Armageddon v2.1
Using 1.8.1 gameplay...
Closing Myth.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

"Running DirectX 11 at 1093 x 614"

That's a really messed up monitor resolution. Check your preferences and make sure a native resolution is set. Also try your other graphics options. Normally OpenGL is used by default unless you don't have it or you're having serious problems. Lastly, make sure your graphics and chipset drivers are up to date.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Platinum wrote:Just installed and tried 1.8.1 for the first time. First thing I noticed is that windowed mode is now huge (as if running a lower screen resolution). If I make it run full screen, most of the screen is cut off. In windowed mode, the bottom 1" of the Myth screen is cut off. When I'm online, I cannot see what I am typing and the bottom line of text in the lobby.
Sounds like you are running in high-DPI mode on a small monitor. Use the Pixel Zoom menu (see screenshot) to choose a lower zoom level.
pixelzoom.png
pixelzoom.png (99.23 KiB) Viewed 8577 times
phos

Post by phos »

I'm seeing an odd view in my chat room, I don't have any estimated time remaining for games, nor ping.

I want to say that I had them when I went to 1.8.1, then they disappeared a day or two later.

The only thing I can think of that happened is that my 2 year old took over in-game for a few minutes, he pushed a bunch of buttons, and it may have started after that actually, but I can't explain how or why that would do it...
Attachments
PhosIssue181NoPingNoTimeRemainingGameChatMyth.png
PhosIssue181NoPingNoTimeRemainingGameChatMyth.png (245.89 KiB) Viewed 8574 times