Myth New n Tasty

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
mountainlover

Re: Myth New n Tasty

Post by mountainlover »

Jon God wrote:
I feel like she looks too human to be shiver, but nailed if for Ravana.
Would also be great for any M1 based future campaigns. When she wasn't disfigured and all.
It is in complete solitude where we are least alone.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

mountainlover wrote:
Would also be great for a M1 Shiver. When she wasn't disfigured and all.
Hmm, perhaps, but She M1 shiver is very ugly and skeletal, look at her with "mirror tramiste"

Souly

Post by Souly »

mountainlover

Post by mountainlover »

@Julio

That photo is a bit of an aberration. Has there been wide spread consensus in the Myth community about the identity of that woman? She doesn't look anything like M2 Shiver or M3 Ravanna.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

mountainlover wrote:@Julio

That photo is a bit of an aberration. Has there been wide spread consensus in the Myth community about the identity of that woman? She doesn't look anything like M2 Shiver or M3 Ravanna.
I think, (in this new myth) she need be beautiful ... :lol:
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

"One among them told us of being captured and dragged before a woman so disfigured by injury and age that he turned from her, repulsed." -- Gate of Storms journal

Just throwing that out there.

The other thing that bothers me is that she doesn't look like she's floating. Her legs are spread and her feet are planted as though she's standing.

Ravanna looks great, but I don't really understand why she's wearing fishnets and high heels (can someone even fight wearing those?). Did she have them in M3?
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

mountainlover wrote:@Julio

I can't remember ever seeing that picture before -- is it one of the postgame loss screens? If it's a concept pic that didn't make it into the game itself, then I suppose we could pretend it never happened, if we want.

That said, Shiver is the only female character in the game, she's a Fallen Lord, and her defining characteristic is vanity. Here we see a woman commanding thralls and standing in front of a mirror. I'm not sure what there is to argue about.
Souly

Post by Souly »

Souly

Post by Souly »

So over the nit pics....

@ A-red
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... s/Open.jpg

and Revana has fishnet legs because i like it nothing to understand....
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

A-Red wrote:I can't remember ever seeing that picture before -- is it one of the postgame loss screens? If it's a concept pic that didn't make it into the game itself, then I suppose we could pretend it never happened, if we want.

That said, Shiver is the only female character in the game, she's a Fallen Lord, and her defining characteristic is vanity. Here we see a woman commanding thralls and standing in front of a mirror. I'm not sure what there is to argue about.
That image is a postgame loss for TFL's "A Traitor's Grave" level. It is the only image we get of Shiver in TFL. I figure Bungie changed how they wanted her to look by the time they made Myth2.

Shiver is not the only female character in the game. Fetch are female, too. They just happen to be from a different dimension and wear the skins of men. So I guess you could say Shiver is the only female character in the game that was actually human at some point. The plural form of Thrall is still Thrall. :P
mountainlover

Post by mountainlover »

Great looking Deceiver Souly. Keep it up!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Just FYI, that pregame TFL picture IS of Shiver. Everyone needs to remember that Shiver was resurrected and killed TWICE.

1st - Resurrected by Balor (Connacht) pre TFL; killed by Rabican in TFL
2nd - Resurrected by Soulblighter via the Tramist's Mirror M2; killed by the Deceiver in M2

The form we see in that pregame picture is how she looked the first time around. SB then used the mirror to essentially bond her soul back with what was left of her old body.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Souly wrote:So over the nit pics....

@ A-red
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... s/Open.jpg

and Revana has fishnet legs because i like it nothing to understand....
Fair enough.

Deceiver looks great.
Souly

Post by Souly »

paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

I do not know what to say ... It looks great, but ... why he has such a small head and a huge body ?!