[Open Beta] Shards of the Ermine

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: [Open Beta] Shards of the Ermine

Post by Pyro »

The word "mirror" is only used when the downloads are the same. You have a link to beta 2 and a link to beta 3. Those are not mirrors. You can just keep the latest download and remove the old one because no one really needs the old one.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Pay attention to levels 3 and 5.

The other levels of claims do not cause
Last edited by paladin MAIK on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I don't understand your most recent post.. "The remaining claims did not cause." is not a proper english sentence. Which claims? Did not cause _what_?

I have created a folder in your uploads folder labled Beta FILMs. I have uploaded a recording from each level, using Beta 3. I could not win on level 1, as I mentioned the first time I tested it, you need more than 1 warlock to destroy a pylon, meaning if you lose 1 of 2, it should trigger a loss instead of continuing to let you play, only to fail at the end... kind of dumb.

And then I kept getting Defeat on Flight in the Dark, even though I think I followed your instructions. Destroyed West, North, and South world knots, and the East one blew up on its own "Just like in Borogove remember?", but I couldn't put it back together. Once I destroyed the south knot, I lost.... I never saw any peasants besides the 'kid' at the start.

I'd like to offer to re-do your string lists and subtitles. The computer voices you use really aren't that bad, but it makes them really stupid when the english isn't quite right. I could fix the text for you to be properly in english, but it would mean you have to re-export/record all your sound files with the new text. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in, and I can start doing some editing for you.

Of the 5 maps, I liked Caer's river defense the most, but it was REALLY hard on Normal.

I'm too tired to go through all the films and make notes right now, but check back. I'll report bugs and issues with time references to check in the films to see what I'm explaining.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Graydon wrote: I'd like to offer to re-do your string lists and subtitles. The computer voices you use really aren't that bad, but it makes them really stupid when the english isn't quite right.
You can make the right String lists and subtitles, but overwrite the sounds I have no desire.

It is a long and difficult process, which I do not really want to repeat.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

K well then there's no point. My philosophy on mapmaking is 'do it right, or don't do it at all', there is no half way for me. So if you don't want to re-make the sound files, there's no point fixing the text cause the sound will still be wrong. Ah well.

Maybe for your next plugin, send the text to someone first, for proof-reading and editing, before recording the sounds with the text.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Graydon wrote:K well then there's no point. My philosophy on mapmaking is 'do it right, or don't do it at all', there is no half way for me. So if you don't want to re-make the sound files, there's no point fixing the text cause the sound will still be wrong. Ah well.

Maybe for your next plugin, send the text to someone first, for proof-reading and editing, before recording the sounds with the text.
Well, I agree to rewrite sounds.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Graydon, please be kind enough to translate.
Attachments
Subtitles.txt
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Fixed "World Knot" (West)

Fixed polygon near the village.

Four sound fixed .

Fixed LPRG All "World Knots."

Fixed range of health at FTS World Knot. (10,000 / 12,000)

Fixed the last action. (peasants now completely disappear under the scripts)

Fixed explosion Eastern "World Knot".

Fixed explosions all "World Knot".

---

Guys are ready, just give "good" and the plugin will be approved.

Just say:

# 1 You need a new build to test?

# 2 Or approve a plugin?

---
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You have been having this beta tested for only a week and two days. Of course keep it going longer. More testing. Upload a new beta.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

We haven't changed the subtitles yet!

Yes, upload a new beta with most recent fixes. Sounds good.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Mirror updated.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

When there is something new let me know guys.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You never answered my question earlier.

How many times have YOU tested these maps?

Been working on the subtitles. Would be great to catch you on hotline to discuss a couple of things. I need you to help me understand more about what you had in mind with certain things. I'm not sure what or how to translate to in some cases.

Next time you come to hotline, stick around for a while.... maybe just leave it idle in the background. I notice you coming online just about every time, but it's almost always 30 or 40 minutes too late. If you just leave hotline open, I can send you a message and we can chat.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

In the second level, Borogove, the player has to find the dwarves, then find the knot's fragments. One of them is on a rock, and is blasted away by thunder when approached... I looked everywhere to try and find where it landed for 1 hour, in vain.

I have found out why by viewing the film at slow speed, the fragment bounces on the ground and falls in a pond. Hard to get it out of deep water...
Karex

Post by Karex »

Hi everybody,

In these moments I am playing this wonderful map, I had some problems in level 2 (Borogovo) because the Russian language is unknown to me and I had to guess what the objectives were (it helped a lot the dialogues of the characters).

When I played the level, there were a couple of problems, which I could solve with some experimentation:

1_When I use the red dwarf to collect the fragments of the world knot, I can never regain control of it, it remains hidden and blue, leaving the game suspended indefinitely. To solve it, do not use it more in this work.

2_When collecting the last fragment of the world knot, it activates itself, allowing to transport the characters that are inside, which is a logical error, because it has not yet been completely repaired and should not work until the dwarf introduces the piece Missing The same thing does not happen, but it is a detail to correct.

3_When the world knot is activated, without the dwarf having arrived with the last fragment, the rest of the characters can be transported, but ... if they are all sent to another side, without that last dwarf has arrived with the piece missing, the game does not end, but remains open, without characters indefinitely. I solved it, leaving at least one character outside the world knot, waiting for the dwarf to arrive with the missing fragment. Once he put it in his place, this dwarf retrieves his yellow square, disappears from the map and there, yes, I introduced the character that I had left out intentionally. The game ended, showed the summary of the battle and allowed to move to the next level.

4_It was very difficult to find the fragment that was missing. It was very useful, the comment that explained that it was on a rock and that a lightning hit it sending it away. I had heard the dialogue and the lightning, but I had never related them, although it seemed strange to me. I think the problem of the fragment falling into the lake, has already been solved, because it never happened to me. The fragment fell right on the edge of the lake and the dwarf could pick it up without problems.

5_Now I'm on the next level, "Caern Cadarn" very good and wild, but it's exasperating to see that the warlocks on the left and right of the map, do not take any care in destroying their own companions, they attack indiscriminately and the friendly fire is equal of mortal for them (incredibly, there is no friendly fire in the enemy ...), ending the game when all the defenders die. I think it would be better for the player to control the three fronts (all characters with yellow square) because even though I send troops to cover and support the flanks, when the last of the original defenders dies, the game ends.
Excellent the map, hopefully these details could be corrected.
Thanks to its creators!
regards