Road is dead?

Talk about anything here.
Road

Road is dead?

Post by Road »

No..I think long and hard about myth and what the devs are doing for it (that's what she said). Iv always been a proud PM member even when I was cut off from the group. I totally understood.

PM had every right to cast me out due to their ideas of what we where trying to do for the Myth community. Our main goal was to tap into T2 and use the PM as employees for a new myth game.

My goal was to make Myth "NEW" adding all of PM features, Making a new game that PM can contribute to and make a profit of and allow US the players to have more options!

Apparently there is a high discrepancy anything that "he who shall not be named" works on because he ruined PMs idea of a new HD mod by making it himself. Sorry about that.... Perhaps PM needs to evaluate certain aspects when it comes to control over practical matters.

Needless to say the only reason why I haven't been a bigger part of the updates is because of PMs attitude towards anything bigger than themselves.

I wish the best for you all!

**EDIT**___ I assume all in still NDA when these posts are made.
vinylrake

Re: Road is dead?

Post by vinylrake »

Not trying to rehash old issues, but how exactly did Pengood's 'HD' unit tagset ruin anyone else's idea for a HD tagset?
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:Not trying to rehash old issues, but how exactly did Pengood's 'HD' unit tagset ruin anyone else's idea for a HD tagset?
yeah road, come on Image come on we all to drink a beer and all will solved in the best way. Image

:lol:
Road

Post by Road »

To be honest Im not even sure if I was much of a part of that... was I even mentioned in the credits?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Road wrote:Our main goal was to tap into T2 and use the PM as employees for a new myth game.
... without even asking any PM members if they were interested in that, nor Take 2. You really don't get why there was an issue? It's roughly equivalent to me signing you up for a minimum wage job at your local McDonald's and then acting surprised when you didn't appreciate what I did on your behalf.
Road wrote: Apparently there is a high discrepancy anything that "he who shall not be named" works on because he ruined PMs idea of a new HD mod by making it himself.
I wasn't even here for the original drama about the Myth models, but even I know that's a complete misrepresentation of the story. Presumably that's Renwood's side... if you want the other side come chat on HL sometime.
Road wrote: Needless to say the only reason why I haven't been a bigger part of the updates is because of PMs attitude towards anything bigger than themselves.
Unfortunately enthusiasm isn't what's lacking when it comes to making Myth "bigger". As you are probably aware, PM has been down this road with Take 2 several times in the past, and I'd also venture that several of us have more professional industry experience than most Myth fans from which to judge what could work and what is dead in the water. Do not misinterpret our experience and realism as a lack of enthusiasm... none of us would be doing free patches on volunteer time if we didn't enjoy the game.

But anyways that's all water under the bridge now. I'd be thrilled to just leave it in the past if you're willing.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Road wrote:To be honest Im not even sure if I was much of a part of that... was I even mentioned in the credits?
Maybe I misinferred, but I thought he said you were doing units - and since units (and I guess some particle physics to be fair) is all Penwood really 'produced' in any of the various versions of his never ending WhatIsMythFor (aka "FareWell Tagset", "TWindA", etc.) project, I assumed you must have been a major contributor. Perhaps that was all Ooga's work? I figure it had to one of the two of you, because despite his penchant for self-promotion, PenWood didn't make the units or skin/texture/render them himself. I've seen unit renders he created (as recently as this year), and they looked a child's finger-paint painting - someone with a lot more technical expertise was obviously involved in making the units in the tagset.
Road

Post by Road »

Ooga and Ren both worked on the units. I made scenery and the animals but that was mostly animations and rendering from other models. Most of my time was spent making the four 3D units that aren't even rigged for animation.

PunkUser- Yes, I know that there was more to it... I just didn't really want to get too much into it, and yes most of the information that I receive is via Renwood, Ooga and posts here so to be honest I really am not the most informed person here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Still waiting for everything to go nuclear and the Bungie materials to just leak out. This is taking forever.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Road wrote:Ooga and Ren both worked on the units. I made scenery and the animals but that was mostly animations and rendering from other models. Most of my time was spent making the four 3D units that aren't even rigged for animation.
Road. Ah - my understanding was way off then. Thanks for the clarification.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Road wrote:Ooga and Ren both worked on the units. I made scenery and the animals but that was mostly animations and rendering from other models. Most of my time was spent making the four 3D units that aren't even rigged for animation.
Image Road, you could release free this units and scenery ?
a new dwarf ... a new berserk...or a new warrior. then so big friend?
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I can't remember which website it was I went to, but I saw some example pictures for the HD units renwood and others were working on. Incredibly awesome stuff. Is there some betas or example out? Also, Nice work with HoC, though I like the pirate b8 best myself.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Don't know if Deadwood has a website, but you could probably find contact info on GateOfStorms.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

I would know if this dwarf than appears at the beginning of the video bellow in armor "Spanish colonizer" and flintlock pistol is available as a fighting unit?

GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Road isn't dead, Myth is. (No, this photo isn't altered at all)
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Unfortunately, "Gates of Storm" is really empty, not a single player throughout the day.

It seems that the last ray of hope has faded ...