People still on 1.7.2

Talk about anything here.
MR BIG BKK

Re: People still on 1.7.2

Post by MR BIG BKK »

I've posted my "reason" and no answer yet.
http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6380
If the installer window is blank there's not much I can do to even try it out no?

I'm ready when the installer is.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

MR BIG BKK wrote:I've posted my "reason" and no answer yet.
http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6380
If the installer window is blank there's not much I can do to even try it out no?

I'm ready when the installer is.
Does it work after you update your Java using software update?
MR BIG BKK

Post by MR BIG BKK »

The manual installer worked for me without bothering Java.
There are differences in the game for sure, and the resolution isn't improved if not worse appearing than before on OS X 10.6.8
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

If something is different, try checking your preferences. You might have the wrong resolution selected. As for the java problem. It might help if you update and see if the installer can run even if you don't need it now. This could be a problem you run into on the next version and it would be best to get it sorted out either way.
MR BIG BKK

Post by MR BIG BKK »

HAH!
Thanks Pyro, you got me to check Software Update and sure enough there was a Security Update. Installed that and the installer window works fine now, but it's such a simple install, the manual method seems fine. In going back to the game the rez seems OK now.
Pyro wrote:If something is different, try checking your preferences. You might have the wrong resolution selected. As for the java problem. It might help if you update and see if the installer can run even if you don't need it now. This could be a problem you run into on the next version and it would be best to get it sorted out either way.
Road

Post by Road »

Pyro is the bomb!