So... 1.8 Final?

Talk about anything here.
Platinum

So... 1.8 Final?

Post by Platinum »

Not sure if this current version is the finalized one that I have downloaded from this website. It still needs fixed, and that is the ability to back-click through the top status bar. It really makes a big difference when trying to click forward with your units, your mouse tops out at the top the quickest and you go to click, but you can't because it blocks it. Just wondering if there will be a finalized version, thanks.
£N

Re: So... 1.8 Final?

Post by £N »

Maybe make a poll to see how many people share your opinion on the status bar thing. I was never even aware it existed, and I imagine the majority of people that play Myth aren't accustomed to exploiting it either. If it's nontrivial to revert the behavior for a tiny minority I imagine it won't be changed, but if there are enough people that request it it's more likely to be addressed.

At any rate it seems likely that 1.8 final is finalized, so if there are any additional changes made they'll probably be released in a 1.8.1 patch.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Could maybe make it in 1.8.1. How come you didn't bring this up earlier?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

He brought it up the day after 1.8.0 PB #1 was out.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Aye, seriously it is very noticeable for me. Also, when playing a game as a neutral observer, I get ~40fps range no matter what zoom (even normal zoom) and its laggy for me. I swivel camera around and its not smooth at all. This is a powerful desktop with a decent ATI Radeon 6670 or something card so not sure why this is happening. I do NOT have Motion Interpolation on.

Edit: Seems when the game is started and Myth is not running as a priority program, and I tab into it once game is loaded, it will lag. If Myth game is started while the window is priority, then it runs fine.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Another issue I did notice though, is the overhead map feature while in a game as a neutral observer...

Say I go to write the word "HI" on the overhead map.

I click, and drag down to form the first vertical line in the letter "H." Then, I unclick, and I move the mouse to make the 2nd vertical line in H, and when I click and start dragging down for the 2nd line, a line appears, connecting the bottom of the first line to the top of the second one. It did NOT follow my mouse route, so its not like it thought I was still holding the mouse button down, but the line just appeared to connected it in a straight line. So, you get something that looks like this: |/| except the middle line connects to the 2 vertical lines.

Not sure how else to elaborate on this, but this has always happened to me, dating back pre 1.8.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Can I have an answer as to why the original setup of selecting plugins went away? This new way is awful... first of all, the plugins are NOT in alphabetical order. Secondly, you can only see 5-6 on a list at a time and the scroller is not very accurate. I understand the idea of not having to open up a separate window to select a plugin but this new way is downright terrible because of the space limitations.

When selecting a new coop with multiple levels that have not yet been played, you are unable to open up the levels, and it will be grayed out so you cannot select it. The only way to get to to highlight is to play the map that has already been hosted. I have tried everything, and the old method of "Shift+Click" does NOT work.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Platinum wrote:Can I have an answer as to why the original setup of selecting plugins went away? This new way is awful... first of all, the plugins are NOT in alphabetical order. Secondly, you can only see 5-6 on a list at a time and the scroller is not very accurate. I understand the idea of not having to open up a separate window to select a plugin but this new way is downright terrible because of the space limitations.
You shouldn't have to use the scroller. Type the first few letters of the name of the plugin you are looking for into the search field and it will appear there.
When selecting a new coop with multiple levels that have not yet been played, you are unable to open up the levels, and it will be grayed out so you cannot select it. The only way to get to to highlight is to play the map that has already been hosted. I have tried everything, and the old method of "Shift+Click" does NOT work.
Shift+click on the mapset.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Platinum wrote:...the plugins are NOT in alphabetical order.
Click on the word "Mapset".
Platinum wrote:...this new way is downright terrible because of the space limitations.
Try selecting a plugin while using the Expanded Interface. Gives you a little more room for the list of mapsets.
Platinum wrote:...the old method of "Shift+Click" does NOT work.
As Mel stated, shift click on the mapset. If you go to preferences, there is a "?" button. Click on it. It opens a help file. It has a section on some new key combos and explains some of the 1.8.0 options.

Also, you don't need to scroll. You can select a mapset and use the up/down arrow keys to move through the list.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

That shift click still does not work for me in any form.

This expanded interface is much nicer, also given that I have a huge monitor I can see the windowed screen much better, thanks!
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Shift + click on the mapSET (i.e. the plugin), not the map. It will work, unless your shift key is broken or something.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

The only downside I see of just making the default interface size 1024x768 (since we have a main menu for it from the old tags), is that all the other custom interfaces would need to be re-done.

Can anyone see any others? I know the true goal is a scalable interface for all sizes, but this could serve as a nice improvement as well.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Basing the sound on a percentage scale from 100% at 1% each is a bit much. It takes a several seconds to go from 100% to 0% now. Before it took about 1 second.

The two biggest things that I gripe about will remain to be the lack of clickability through the top status bar, as well as the unit kills being added after 10 instead of filling up the status bar. Its less fun like that :/
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Platinum wrote:Basing the sound on a percentage scale from 100% at 1% each is a bit much. It takes a several seconds to go from 100% to 0% now. Before it took about 1 second.
Use Shift-F3 to go straight to 0% just as it worked before and Shift-F4 to go straight to 100%.
Platinum wrote:...the unit kills being added after 10 instead of filling up the status bar. Its less fun like that :/
There is a way to show the icons as before. Go find it in the key combo section of the Myth II Help file. (You can go to Prefs and click on the question mark button or just go find the PDF in your Myth II folder.)
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Another thing I noticed, when you open up a multiplayer screen, the cursor would always default select the game title name. Now it must be clicked in order to start typing in that space. Time is money, and people value convenience and can't shake old habits.