Feature Suggestions - ...for Myth 1.5.x+

Talk about anything here.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hello,

I did not play Myth for a very long time but I found the game again some weeks ago and was surprised about the new features available on this website. Your plugins and updates are extremly good :cool:.
I myself have collected some suggestions that you could implement or not. The following things are just personal thoughts of what could be improved, I do not know if they are possible to realize or just stupid.

1) 'Reflecing sprites' (the sprites shown in fluids when an object is near it) should be different from the usual sprites for some units. This might be helpful for e.g. flying units like helicopters, because their image in the water always looks strange.
2) Allow a description text for plugins (it could include prerequisite plugins, author, url...).
3) Alphabethical order for plugins in the plugins menu.
4) Different kinds of connectors per map (thats not really important but could be interesting). Btw, there is an script error when you try to use the 'CONNECTOR' map action: "type 'connector_tag' not found in keyword list".
5) Loathing: Allow to select multiple units when you change the (respawn) 'use monster entrance' flag.
6) Loathing: I dont know in how far this is possible but it would be helpful to start you loaded map directly via button, which means you dont have to shut down loathing, open myth, select the map and run it. And after you quit the map you will directly return to loathing with this option.

With best wishes,
Phex

PS: What I would also like to see is a link section on this website.
PPS: Excuse my non-native spoken Enligh.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Guest wrote:
Myth II 1.5.1 is very close to release, so it's very unlikely anything will be added. If any features are added, then a few weeks of additional beta testing *might* be needed. This is the last forseeable update for Myth II, so it appears that the Project Magma crew wants everything on this last patch to work, and any loose ends, aka last section additions that cause bugs/glitches, would be very bad.

With all that said, I'm sure they appreciate your feedback. Just realize that it's not very likely for your suggestions to be included in the game.

3) Alphabethical order for plugins in the plugins menu.

Actually, you can fix this yourself. Cut and paste all of your Myth plugin files, the .gor ones, into a new, empty folder. Start Myth. Shut down Myth. Then put all of the plugins into your plugins folder, all at once. The plugins will now be in alpabetical order.