Need help on abilities

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
paladin MAIK

Need help on abilities

Post by paladin MAIK »

I need to have a unit there were a few abilities. (eg switching between fire and lightning in the inventory)

This is something you can do without artifacts? Explain to me, and I do not know how to do it. :|
juliocpaes

Re: Need help on abilities

Post by juliocpaes »

paladin MAIK wrote:I need to have a unit there were a few abilities. (eg switching between fire and lightning in the inventory)

This is something you can do without artifacts? Explain to me, and I do not know how to do it. :|
Maik,

I believe that the plugin "mazzarins-demise-vi" has units with these capable of switching artifacts (or types of spells).
basically is a parameterization combination with "fear" + "map action" on plugin under construction.

do an extraction, check the map of actions. I guess it hard to make a unit with this ability.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -demise-vi

Julio :wink:
Point

Post by Point »

you can give a unit artifacts via script though its much easier using a current version of fear you can select a group of items for a unit to have all the time....

Read the latest fear manual for tips and how to though here's the basics ....

>Create a projectile that references an artifact.. ( attack you want)

>Verify that the Artifact can be used by your unit (not restricted to some other unit)

>Create a projectile group and include all the projectiles that reference artifacts you want the unit to hold.

>Specify in fear monster tag the projectile group where it lists >Artifact/Ammo

>specify in monster tag check box x ALLOW multiple artifacts

>specify in monster tag Max Artifacts Carried 1-9
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Thanks guys, it worked :mrgreen: