How MYTH has changed and stayed the same.

Talk about anything here.
Soukie

How MYTH has changed and stayed the same.

Post by Soukie »

Well,
I have the game up and running with a lot of help from many people. I am very appreciative of everyone’s support. I now am able to play other plug-ins after Ghost assisted me with step by step instructions and for that I am in his debt.
Previous when I played we had the disc you downloaded it and you played on line through Bungie.net and it was simple and thousands of people played. These were/are times that I remember fondly and continue to aspire to. Many players were kind if not downright helpful and I think this is because many people were just learning or they were teaching others that they thought would be a great fit in their clan. Myth II was just coming out with fantastic new graphics and storyline that I could not wait to see and play. Unfortunately my time was cut short due to school and moving to another country that took its toll on any gaming environment that I grew accustom too. “Sighs”
(Fast forward)
I purchased MYTH II from Amazon and had them send me a brand new game about 3 months ago after finding out my original MYTH I game was just too old. I came on to the Tain.totalcodex.net hoping to ask for help on how to play once more and I am now playing PvP/Co-op/Teams once more. Many of the maps that just were not available on the original MYTH I CD. So I am learning and I would like to think I have gained some knowledge. The population has gone down from almost every room filled to just one or two rooms having people in them. The players are attuned to specific games and many now make their own maps and storylines there is talent galore! It is an environment that I believe should want more players to join in and see all they have done and hope someone would invest time in the knowledge and ideas they have to offer. I am finding impatience and rudeness in games when I struggle to see how anyone can get so upset over a game that ….well had its peak years past. It is still just a game and having new blood infused should be seen as an opportunity. So many people are so serious about simple mistakes or a learning curve that new players have to adjust to. I hope that over time people will see that in all the new people….the few that there are!
I will step down from my podium now.
:roll:
juliocpaes

Re: How MYTH has changed and stayed the same.

Post by juliocpaes »

She is good native-english speaker.

Dear Soukie,

you passed the test of fire in the battles of "marius net", and I nominate you "myth girl" of community. :D

Julio
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Well thanks. Does that come with a special parking permit? :shock:
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

My story is rather similar to yours. Because of the impatience and pointless aggro I ended up just seeking out specific more chill people to play with. Unfortunately most of them are not in my time zone, so I haven't played much.

I also set up an iOS Myth app where people could self-identify as "experts" or "noob-friendly". The noob-friendly ones are the chill people, try playing with them.
bluseychris2

Post by bluseychris2 »

I get a fair bit of stick, usually for not doing something that everyone does. Sometimes my tactics are paying off too, like sneaking 8 thrall and a couple of ghols round the back of a flag and ignoring the big punch up in the middle. If cap hadn't taken the ghols off me I'd have sent the thrall onto the flag and been spamming dud molotovs back at the dorfs.

Oh well, I just tend to look for FFA or co-op. Specify I'm new and people give advice.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Thank you gentlemen do appreciate it.
Mything persons

Post by Mything persons »

Well soon MWC will be upon us (Myth World Cup) and that will bring with it a lot more players...Though most of them are ego filled, mean spirited assmonkeys. But hey... more games and more people to kill in game!

You need to have a thick skin, to play myth these days.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Mything Persons I love the name. Remember.....No one walks in LA. :facepalm:
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Soukie wrote:Mything Persons I love the name. Remember.....No one walks in LA.

vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Soukie wrote:Mything Persons I love the name. Remember.....No one walks in LA. :facepalm:
What are words for?
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Missing Persons (80's rock group) One of their most popular songs was, "No one wals in LA".
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

"Walking in L.A" was the song title.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Destination unknown.... 8)