Myth 1.8 suggestions REVISITED

Talk about anything here.
Falcon

Re: Myth 1.8 suggestions REVISITED

Post by Falcon »

Enculator wrote:I'm always mad when it happens, and it's clearly a bug !
ditto.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

SamualACarver wrote: Is this not going to be addressed in 1.8? Is it something that would be too difficult and cause other problems? Just wondering what was going on with it. I was looking forward to this being fixed.
No it didn't get addressed in 1.8; it's not a trivial thing to change as it changes a local optimization into a global one. On the TODO for next release, but as it does change behavior some (while in the example case from adren is clear that it's doing the "wrong" thing, there are cases that are ambiguous) it has to be done carefully.
Falcon wrote: Since I just installed this, I wonder how do you toggle-on the mighty zoom?
You need to be using OpenGL 2.0+ or DX11 in preferences. If that is met, it will be automatically enabled in films and while observing (i.e. server is observer).
Falcon wrote: Also the active tagset feature in new game is pretty useless in case of many 3rd party ww2, sf2 maps. The plugin developers should rewrite the codes or maybe magma needs a trick?
I assume you mean auto-activating the tagset here (as you can still manually activate it)? Indeed some of the older plugins do not properly link to their tagsets as required, so this feature doesn't work on them. We do have some ability to add manual links so if you have suggestions on some of the bigger/more important plugin/tagset pairs we can probably add them to the auto-link list, but due to potential conflicts in the future we'd like to use that hammer sparingly and only for the big stuff (i.e. not for every little map plugin, etc).
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Enculator wrote:How about, instead of adding "features" you fix some bugs ?

This for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVw15bCk ... ure=relmfu
or also the annoying thing when you order 2 ghols to pick 2 different pus pieces in the same wight remain, sometimes a ghol bumps into his fellow, and then he stays still, not picking the puss piece. I'm always mad when it happens, and it's clearly a bug !
Can you upload a (Myth) film of this issue, so that we may debug it?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

If Enc is talking about what I think he is (i.e. when a unit is blocking another - while stopped - from picking something up) it's not as "clearly a bug" as he is implying. There's not really anything particularly reasonable to do in that case other than eventually cancel the order. Other RTS games have similar issues when pass-ability of something changes and renders and order invalid. There might be ways to tweak this by making it take longer for the second ghol to give up, but fundamentally there's no perfect solution.

Maybe he's talking about something else though, so a film would clear it up.
bluseychris2

Post by bluseychris2 »

At the moment Myth 2 will give you a link to the tain for plugins being used by multiplayer games that you haven't got. How about a download system to enable plugins to be grabbed straight from there without switching to a browser and reloading? Just have the whole thing automated.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Such a thing is much easier said than done, as with any changes. Definitely won't be in time for 1.8, but maybe 1.8.1 if the devs find it possible to code.