Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Re: Myth II 1.8.0 Public Beta

Post by GodzFire »

pallidice wrote:pyro told me to post this. In 1.7.2 the option for open GL was available, now in 1.8 the only option i get is software screen#1. He demanded we get open GL to work with pallidices crappy computer.

specs: PowerPC G4 dual 867Mhz
1mb L3 cache per processer
MacOSX 10.4.11
Memeory- 1.75GB DDR SDram
Graphics- GeForce4 MX
Bus: apg
V-Ram 32 megs
From Pal's specs he is running the following model: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/p ... p_mdd.html

Pallidice: Your video card has a total of 32 megs of VRAM. I suggest making sure your VRAM in Myth prefs is set to roughly half of that, or 16 megs.

To help with diagnosing your Video renderer issue can you confirm that your Mac is completely up to date with updates via Software Updates. In addition, could you play Willow Creek on both 1.7.2 save the log, and then again on 1.8 PB and post both logs to check for differences in the output please?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Just an update... I think Mel has a good idea of what might have happened with OpenGL not showing up on some GL1.1 Macs. We're working on a fix.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I have a request in to OM at M.Net asking him to update the blue banner people see to read the following:

"Public Beta 1 of Myth II v1.8 has been released! Download and learn more at tinyurl.com/myth1-8pb"
(that tinyurl takes you to this page)
ScaryMonster

Post by ScaryMonster »

Myrd wrote:Okay. Can you try the following:

Create a file called poweruser.txt in your preferences folder and put it in the following:

Code: Select all

[Renderer.OpenGL]
UseShaders=False
UseMipMaps=False
UseNPO2Textures=False
And let us know if this makes the 1.8 UB work for you. If it does, we'll be tweaking 1.8 to make this default for configs such as yours.
That did it. I played around with it for a while and it looks great. Thanks.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Bonky wrote:
Myrd wrote:
Bonky wrote:I'm on a macpro 2x2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Xeon OSX10.6.4 with 2 monitors
When i start myth its all good,but the moment the game starts Myth swaps over to the other monitor.
If you hold option while starting Myth, it should show you a dialog that lets you select the screen to use.

ok i did that and selected the other monitor
now it changes the resolution on one monitor(the monitor i don't want it on) and is in windowed mode on the other monitor i do want it on.Once i start the game it goes to full screen,which is great.But the other monitor is at the wrong resolution.So Myth is hogging both the monitors.
hmmm now when i'm in the lobby its in windowed mode and once i start the game it goes to full screen,and the other screens resolution is still wrong.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

As promised, here's the video that goes over some of the new features: http://youtu.be/uXJwsdmtxFE.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

re my screen problem,i have sorted it out by trashing my screen device macosx and screen preferences (within the myth prefs folder)
Coin

Bug Report

Post by Coin »

Was play 1.8 with "Trow Killers Inc" plugin.

Repeatedly saw an error message - not sure of the exact working but something like "256 proj limit reached"
GodzFire

Re: Bug Report

Post by GodzFire »

Coin wrote:Was play 1.8 with "Trow Killers Inc" plugin.

Repeatedly saw an error message - not sure of the exact working but something like "256 proj limit reached"
Do you happen to have the film?
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Bonky wrote:re my screen problem,i have sorted it out by trashing my screen device macosx and screen preferences (within the myth prefs folder)

gdi its still wonky.all seemed fine till i started the game then it switches over to the other monitor again.Back to 1.7.2 i think
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Ok I unselected "switch resolutions and now when i start the game its on the same monitor so all good.The only problem now is the lobby is small and in windowed mode,cant make it any bigger.But at least i can play now and it doesn't change the res on the extra monitor
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Bonky wrote:Ok I unselected "switch resolutions and now when i start the game its on the same monitor so all good.The only problem now is the lobby is small and in windowed mode,cant make it any bigger.But at least i can play now and it doesn't change the res on the extra monitor
Thanks for the report. I am able to reproduce the problem and will have it fixed for the final.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Platinum wrote:
zoso wrote:saved film from gladiators, went oos twice, this is the second one. both with 1.8
I went OOS while watching a 1.7.2 movie of gladiators. It went OOS about 25 minutes into the game. Same time every spot too.
While hosting a game of gladiators, had a couple people go OOS around the 25 minute mark into the game, 2 games in a row. Something fishy going on here...
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Zoso, already reported the issue, no need to keep bringing it up. We already know what is wrong with it and will fix accordingly.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

punkUser wrote:As promised, here's the video that goes over some of the new features: http://youtu.be/uXJwsdmtxFE.
Aw, you should have bonked me for a new version of my dtex, if you were going to do a trailer!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD