My demon wont die - Why!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

okay so i got topaz and extracted the tags for ch08 demon from chimera. I made a unit using the collection and collection reference from the demon (Cartuke from lvl 8 The Fiend on Chimera) I want to get that same death sequence that you see in chimera for my own unit. I extracted the projectile, local proj., proj. groups and local physics for the death sequence but whenever i try and incorporate them with my demon mons. tag the lvl i put him on in loathing will not load when i try and play the lvl. What do i do to get that death sequence?

I found that the original mons. tag uses ch08 demon death init for dying and exploding. that projectile group uses the ch08 demon pre-dying body projectile. The projectile has no detonation tag but uses a group tag at the end of promotion the group tag is the proj. group ch08 demon death. the demon death poj. group uses the projectiles demon dying body and demon death prgr init. demon dying body is a dead end but demon death prgr init uses the demon death scatter proj. group which uses the local projectile group demon death sparkler. that local proj. group uses a local physics tag of the same name.

My god what a long-ass list! Can anyone help me!?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]First off, you could keep all these posts in one thread since they basically are all dealing with the same subject, secondly, chances are youre missing an LPGR or another tag.

Fire up your level and immediatley after it crashes back to the Main Menu, quit Myth, go into your MII folder and open the Myth_Log.txt Copy and paste that here and we can help you decipher which tags youre still missing.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Here is my Myth log file

Myth II Build 234 running under Win98 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Using GDI for Input
Mouse appears to have 3 buttons and 3 axes.
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_RockOn
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running Direct3D (S3 Inc. Savage/IX w/MV) at 1024 x 768, 16 bit
Starting mesh "Landing at White Falls"...
Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for object definition 'deod'.

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #584: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'ch08 demon dying body'.

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for local proj group definition 'desm'.

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #584: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'ch08 demon death prgr init'.

Closing Myth.

Can anyone help?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]OK, youre 'ch08 demon death prgr init' PRGR and 'ch08 demon dying body' PROJ are failing because they are missing the local proj group definition 'desm'. LPGR that is tied to them.

Go back to your local you disassemble Chimera into, Fire up Fear, go into the LPGR section and look for the one with the 'desm' 4 letter code and add that to your other local and you should be good to go.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Now I get this message and i cannot find (deod) code on any of the extracted local projectile group files.

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for object definition 'deod'.

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #584: projectile definition postprocess failed on 'ch08 demon dying body'.

Closing Myth.

What now?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Nameless wrote:Now I get this message and i cannot find (deod) code on any of the extracted local projectile group files.

Closing Myth.

What now?
[color=DFC99B]Thats because its an OBJE Tag youre missing now. ;op

couldn't read header for object definition 'deod'.[/color]
Road

Post by Road »

LoL...
"couldn't read header for object definition"
"couldn't read header for local proj group definition"

The error with the Obj missing was reported in your first error report, Mythlog usually gives two error reports for one problem such as:

The first line tells you what header its not finding the second line is the Tag that it was trying to load.

Translation of the two lines above:

Error finding the object of the ch08 demon dying body ("deod" was not found in object tags).

So if Mythlog gives you 16 error reports its usually only 8 actual errors.