"The Dark Approaches..." (Laws of Evil teasers/discussion)

Talk about anything here.
GHOST®

Re: "The Dark Approaches..." (Laws of Evil teasers/discussio

Post by GHOST® »

Melekor wrote:
iron wrote:As glorious as these units are, may I make a teeny suggestion? Try rendering with a higher camera angle - will create shadows & contrast on the unit rather than the blandness that purely frontal lighting tends to produce. Show those models in their best light, as it were :)
In addition to that, I'm wondering if they could also be rendered with subdivision/nurbs/etc to increase the apparent polygon count?
WHOAH!! Lets not be getting Khellek thinking about backtracking to improve these already awesome units even further!! :oO

Lets not forgot that this is the second run through with new unit creation for LoE with the first batch mostly ending up in Mazzarins Demise. While i can appreciate what you're suggesting, i also believe things can always be just a bit better, but at some point you just gotta say 'good enough', move on to the next item needing attention, and get things done. Khelleks been bustin his balls pushing forward on LoE and i'd hate to see that momentum lost by considering shifting into reverse to try to improve upon what i, imho, think are already awesome looking units and can only imagine how much sweeter they will be within their LoE environments/Myth. :oD

Anyways, i for one say that a single animation teaser gif does not represent the overall quality of these units, nor accurately represent just how good they look in Myth gameplay/maps they are built and designed for. ;o)

:: sighs @ how spoiled some of us Mythers have become ::

;o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Absolutely, I'm not suggesting redoing a lot of work.. or any at all for that matter. As you said they're looking great already. :) Just thinking out loud really. It's been a very long time since I messed with any 3D modelling software, but I seem to remember from my lightwave days, being able to smooth stuff out almost magically in just a few clicks using one of the subdivision tools.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Melekor wrote:Absolutely, I'm not suggesting redoing a lot of work.. or any at all for that matter. As you said they're looking great already. :) Just thinking out loud really. It's been a very long time since I messed with any 3D modelling software, but I seem to remember from my lightwave days, being able to smooth stuff out almost magically in just a few clicks using one of the subdivision tools.
hehe, thats all majik speak to me. My 1 foray into the world of 3d modeling, for new MPC Units, was a long tedious *chore* that was barely worth the final payoff AND Fe did most the hard work to start me off on that. ;op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

on a sidenote, MPC was awesome. just saying.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Hi! Will there be some sort of group testing or anything like that in the near future? If so, can I come?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Only if you bring back the Mazz crew as well.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

GodzFire wrote:Only if you bring back the Mazz crew as well.
I can try, but it's been at least five years and I'm not sure where I put them.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

As long as you can find Jag, Scrap, and Woof I'll be okay.
GHOST®

Total Speculation, but . . .

Post by GHOST® »

ChrisP wrote:Hi! Will there be some sort of group testing or anything like that in the near future? If so, can I come?
Heya CP :o)

As i am saying this & NOT Khellek, that puts my answer in the Realm of Speculation, a dark & mystical realm to say the least, and my answer is . . .

sOOnâ„¢
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

xrntgyuimnkjhbvggd.fxgb fhkj.cjgnch.xlidr.vb @#$tagged by fe!@@#$)( zxhf fj kfknjxh jnkgljhgxvhbjnk zdf|*IsawzdatFe;itAgZj00bACk*|xgdzfhbxfgnvcgkhjbmnvcvkh mnnvhvbnmc mnbcvnm,m nbmn k,jnmbjmn bytvrdfcewsdwsecfjghvikj[p;lk

:: wipes drool off keyboard ::
lank

Post by lank »

GHOST® wrote:xrntgyuimnkjhbvggd.fxgb fhkj.cjgnch.xlidr.vb @#$tagged by fe!@@#$)( zxhf fj kfknjxh jnkgljhgxvhbjnk zdf|*IsawzdatFe;itAgZj00bACk*|xgdzfhbxfgnvcgkhjbmnvcvkh mnnvhvbnmc mnbcvnm,m nbmn k,jnmbjmn bytvrdfcewsdwsecfjghvikj[p;lk

looks like someone is in need of a few hours of sleep (or an intravenous caffeine drip, or both). ;)
*toot*
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

lank wrote:
GHOST® wrote:xrntgyuimnkjhbvggd.fxgb fhkj.cjgnch.xlidr.vb @#$tagged by fe!@@#$)( zxhf fj kfknjxh jnkgljhgxvhbjnk zdf|*IsawzdatFe;itAgZj00bACk*|xgdzfhbxfgnvcgkhjbmnvcvkh mnnvhvbnmc mnbcvnm,m nbmn k,jnmbjmn bytvrdfcewsdwsecfjghvikj[p;lk

looks like someone is in need of a few hours of sleep (or an intravenous caffeine drip, or both). ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

lank wrote: looks like someone is in need of a few hours of sleep (or an intravenous caffeine drip, or both). ;)
Hmmm, Mountain Dew intravenously and/or sleep. Think ill try the sleep first and see how that fairs before i go to further Xtremes. ;o)

:: tOOts ::
pompey

Post by pompey »

The units look fantastic, Khellek. Hopefully you will be able to release one of the classic loose threads in Myth mapmaking this time before CP steals the units again.

Which makes ChrisP's presence on this thread suddenly quite suspicious...
Khellek

Post by Khellek »

Just a quick update that Laws of Evil is still full steam ahead. :D

GHOST, the author of this thread, is on a small hiatus and, thus, has not uploaded any new unit previews lately.

We will continue uploading teasers upon his return, as we work to bring this project to a conclusion.

Thanx and keep looking!!
There can be only one...