LOL Iron!

Talk about anything here.
GHOST®

Hey, you forgot your . . .

Post by GHOST® »

*TAGZ !!*

On a more serious note, Thanks Fe, i know you reluctanlty use such powers, but i for one feel its been long overdue.
Of course, i am not as level headed or forgiving as you either, but hey. ;o)

PS
You're it !! ;op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Road

Re: Just a few things to say here . . .

Post by Road »

GHOST® wrote: 4: Road, i really appreciate your calm demeanor, realistic outlook on all of this, and your non-inflamatory responses. I sincerly hope you find a *road* into making models, creating art, or any other aspect that intersets you, for some major gaming company sOOn™. I would, however, suggest you lose the xtra baggage holding you down, review your options, and broaden your horizons maybe ?? :o)
Well I always wanted to make comics (graphic novels) and useing 3D models in them would be pretty cool, I was also thinking about making a boardgame :D
vinylrake

Re: LOL Iron!

Post by vinylrake »

Not trying to beat an undead horse, but is it just me or is anyone else getting a vibe that Renooga isn't all that fond of Magma?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Lol however could you have gotten that idea VR?

I guess they need someone to blame for the failure of their KS project, who knows. Road, please keep creating & having fun - your ideas sound great :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

It occurs to me that they've been working on Myth 4 for a while now, but my earliest solid recollection of it is in late 2009 when one of them randomly started messaging me on Youtube to tell me what a failure my old Myth mods were. The messages kept shifting from first to third person in some kind of effort to disguise their identity. Their HD re-renders of the Bungie units were described as 'sexy', at one point.

I still get a chuckle out of it. That was almost 3 years ago. What have they done in that time, really? From my perspective as a semi-lurker in Myth, all I saw was a guy telling me how awful my work was (and some other peoples too) and expecting me to bow down before him because he had big renders of units that were made by someone else over a decade ago.

Am I the only one who is unable on any level to reconcile the seriousness and uptightness of Ooga's attitude with the absolute triviality of the subject matter? This is MYTH for crying out loud. Just a damned game, and the modding is just a damned hobby. Man! What a mess, and for what?

The guy never learned one lesson from all of this - take your work seriously, but don't take yourself seriously. You only have to watch the second pitch video to get a whiff of the attitude behind it all here. I guess I should say something against Ren or something, but to be honest it's only Ooga who's really ever gotten on my nerves with all of the private harassment of Cid and myself.

Anyway, sorry you had to listen to all of that garbage earlier Iron. You're a top drawer kind of fellow.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Launch the Bacon!
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

William Wallet wrote:Am I the only one who is unable on any level to reconcile the seriousness and uptightness of Ooga's attitude with the absolute triviality of the subject matter? This is MYTH for crying out loud. Just a damned game, and the modding is just a damned hobby. Man! What a mess, and for what?
You hit the nail right on the head! Several times I was tempted to respond to the KS thread, but I just couldn't grasp the alternate universe that those guys seemed to be living in - the one where they were gods, Myth was the religion, and we the unrepentant heretics. Maybe its a result of too much exposure to hi-res unit renders :p
Anyway, sorry you had to listen to all of that garbage earlier Iron. You're a top drawer kind of fellow.
Its no problem at all and hey, some good's come out of all this - yourself and Cid are back posting again :)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

WilliamW,

Despite Iron's graciousness in accepting your apology, I really don't think you will have properly atoned for your actions until you release Freedom III.

100% serious. I loved Freedom I & II, there's some great gameplay in those levels, AND it was often hilarious. Maybe being a little kid myself (at least emotionally) helped my appreciation of the campaigns, but I've always thought it was one of the most fun (if not the #1 most fun) campaigns ever.

To complete the saga there must be a 3rd chapter - make it a trilogy. You know you want to.

sincerely,

VR

(ps. I capitalized my initials to show just how serious I am)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:WilliamW,

Despite Iron's graciousness in accepting your apology, I really don't think you will have properly atoned for your actions until you release Freedom III.

100% serious. I loved Freedom I & II, there's some great gameplay in those levels, AND it was often hilarious. Maybe being a little kid myself (at least emotionally) helped my appreciation of the campaigns, but I've always thought it was one of the most fun (if not the #1 most fun) campaigns ever.

To complete the saga there must be a 3rd chapter - make it a trilogy. You know you want to.

sincerely,

VR

(ps. I capitalized my initials to show just how serious I am)
Viny

coincidentally, I asked W.W about this in a MP. ie, about "Freedom 3", To complete the saga there must be a 3rd chapter - make it a trilogy. but he say : I'm afraid not, maybe soon.

Julio :cry:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Let me add my support for the calls for Freedom III ... and then WW & Cid need to go back and make three prequels that suck (but in a hilarious tongue-in-cheek sucky way), followed by promises of 3 sequels to come after the original 3 releases that at first everyone wanted & now no-one does :)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

to be consistent the 3 sequels after Freedom III would have to be created by some souless corporation who bought the rights to the Freedom franchise.

hmmmm.....maybe I should start a fundraising campaign to see if I could raise enough to buy the rights to the Freedom franchise, I am sure I would be just as bad as a souless corporation. If I had the rights to the Freedom franchise I could just release my own title in the series. I have had lots of ideas of some new directions which the Freedom franchise could go in that William and Cid are obviously afraid to do. For example, I think the next Freedom game should be about a search for the one true bacon (the netball not the food). I created a bunch of netball effects a few years ago that really push the envelope of what netballs can do (some of which pushed the limits of the Myth engine so far they would crash Myth (specifically my "Nuclear pussballs of unstoppable doom" which gladly no longer crash myth thanks to Magma's changes in 1.7+) It might sound like bragging but I daresay I am one of the foremost netball innovators in the history of Myth. I could use those netballs as the basis for this new Freedom campaign, maybe each level could feature a different false bacon ball and each would have a clue to help find the one true Bacon ball.

If you would be interested in helping fund this kind of a project let me know. If there's enough word of mouth support, I'll look into setting up a fundraising campaign.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Wow, great idea there VR - I'll raise a glass to that!

What kind of glass? Naturally - a glass of bacon ...

GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

iron wrote: What kind of glass? Naturally - a glass of bacon ...
You Aussie's are weird, thats just wrong !! ;op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I guess you didn't see the tag hidden in that glass when you looked at that pic?

Haha, you're it then :)
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I dunno, a 3rd Freedom would have to be like the first 2 and have a climax with scripting that only works 1 out of every 10 playthroughs. Like Lucas said, it's like poetry - it should rhyme.

*cough*
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em