The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Re: The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Post by vinylrake »

fyi : Not only was Ghost helpful enough to make this zip and upload it so everyone could share in it's treats, he also completed and pluggicized* the map that's used in the Mapmaking tutorial on the CD. It's called 'Snow Fight' and can also be downloaded from the tain (http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/snow-fight).

[*If I've poorly described what you did Ghost - please let me know. I didn't think at the end of Charles' tutorial one would end up with a fully playable/useful map - so I assume you had to do some 'clean up', and maybe added different team options, and I know you had to package it up and turned it into a plug - if I missed something it was unintentional]
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

vinylrake wrote:fyi : Not only was Ghost helpful enough to make this zip and upload it so everyone could share in it's treats, he also completed and pluggicized* the map that's used in the Mapmaking tutorial on the CD. It's called 'Snow Fight' and can also be downloaded from the tain (http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/snow-fight).

[*If I've poorly described what you did Ghost - please let me know. I didn't think at the end of Charles' tutorial one would end up with a fully playable/useful map - so I assume you had to do some 'clean up', and maybe added different team options, and I know you had to package it up and turned it into a plug - if I missed something it was unintentional]
Aye VR, sounds about right. Sorry to say it appears Snowfight/ACWN no longer have their original Readme files, (which you now have archived), but the larger loss appears to be copies of the exchange of emails with Deathwhore about releasing Snowfight and using that CMap for my A Cold Winters Night. :o(

But thanks for pointing out Snowfight, i had spaced off on that map, seems my good but short memory has slipped yet further. :op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Funny, when I was trying to remember the name of the map, my first thought was "A Cold Winter's Night" then was like "no, that's a solo - the Myth II handbook map was definitely a ffa" - I too had forgotten that ACWN was based on the M2HB tutorial map.

In case anyone is curious, the readmes for both of the maps that are based on the M2HB tutorial are here
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GHOST® wrote:
vinylrake wrote:you also might find something of interest in these galleries

http://mythgraveyard.org/images/index.p ... _the_press
Nice VR !! :o)

This is where i first learned about Myth and got the Demo of TFL that addicted me to this awesome game!!
Of course mine was in English though. ;op

the image posted here is not available,
I would image that the maker ghost upload of this magazine
CD EXPERT in portuguese.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

yeah, i uh... have been moving some stuff around in the graveyard and don't have redirects setup yet for the old link format (like i ever will).

that gallery is now located here : http://mythgraveyard.org/mythgallery/ma ... the_press/

though i might move it again. life is change.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Vinyl,

thanks, I need this image for my myth gallery.

Julio