The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Talk about anything here.
GHOST®

Re: The Myth II Handbook - Many Times

Post by GHOST® »

juliocpaes wrote:Ghost,

Ok, we'll wait
soon, I will buy this book from a friend of the forum Tain.
but before would like to see one or a few pages. if you post them here, I thank you.

Julio
Any pages in particular ??

Not sure how that would help you determine whether or not to buy this book?, but i will "try" to do that asap tomorrow. ;o)

If my word as a Myth Addict and long time map-maker for MII has any weight with you, then when i say you cant go wrong purchasing The MII Handbook, you will know it is money well spent. :oD

My copy led directly to making my first map, which led to the old Vista Forum to get further help, where i met and befriended 3 characters with whom i am still friends with today. *TagZ* :oD

The MII Handbook is informative, funny, and at times shocking. Even after all these years i still refer to, or read it again for info i think i may have forgotten, or for a quick chuckle. Plus it has some Q & A with some of Myth's creators etc etc etc.

If i didnt have this Handbook already, i'd pay $100, maybe more, to get it. Especially knowing what i know about it. :o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
lank

Re: The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Post by lank »

haha! god, the old days. g'day, ghost! long time no see, and good to see you! what are you up to?

i usually tend to drift through the forums every so often and try to keep up on general goings on, but i've been so busy as to have no time for myth any more, though i got a few games and some time on udoghl around last christmas (which was very nice indeed!). one of these days i will get back on there for a little while...
*toot*
vinylrake

Re: The Myth II Handbook - Many Times

Post by vinylrake »

GHOST® wrote: If i didnt have this Handbook already, i'd pay $100, maybe more, to get it. Especially knowing what i know about it. :o)
If you can convince anyone else to pay anywhere near $100 to purchase the Myth II handbook I'll give you a %50 commission on anyone you send my way who buys one.
;)
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

juliocpaes wrote:Ghost,

Ok, we'll wait
soon, I will buy this book from a friend of the forum Tain.
but before would like to see one or a few pages. if you post them here, I thank you.

Julio
OK Julio, here you go. Theyre kinda large, so may be slow viewing, but you can read the pages if you zoom in. Hope this helps you. :o)

MII Handbook Scan 01
MII Handbook Scan 02
MII Handbook Scan 03 Scan 03 NOTE: Highlighting on page from me. ;o)
MII Handbook Scan 04
MII Handbook Scan 05
vinylrake wrote:If you can convince anyone else to pay anywhere near $100 to purchase the Myth II handbook I'll give you a %50 commission on anyone you send my way who buys one.
;)
I like the way you think Vinyl. I will get back to rebuilding my hacked version of Bungies Mind Control Rayâ„¢ and have them lining up for you as sOOnâ„¢ as as i can get this brain-brainstem disassembalating capacitor 7000 thingy figured out. ;op

BTW, did you get the MII Handbook CD with those books as well ??
lank wrote:haha! god, the old days. g'day, ghost! long time no see, and good to see you! what are you up to?

i usually tend to drift through the forums every so often and try to keep up on general goings on, but i've been so busy as to have no time for myth any more, though i got a few games and some time on udoghl around last christmas (which was very nice indeed!). one of these days i will get back on there for a little while...
WHOOTERY!!

lank !! GREAT to see you, so to speak. :oD

No time for Myth!? Thats blashemy isnt it ? Well, at least youre not totally AWOL like some of us. ;o)

Really hope you can scrape together enough spare time for a night of games sometime. Until then i'll content myself that you're still out there making the world a better place for all of us. :oD

Catch U again sOOn my friend! :oD
*tOOtz*
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello Ghost,

thanks for by scan's !

This it gave me a notion of how is the book.

Optimal Work.

Julio Cesar Paes
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GHOST® wrote:BTW, did you get the MII Handbook CD with those books as well ??
No, but I am pretty sure the contents of the CD are all publically available files (I'd have to check to see if the films are still around somewhere) so one could recreate the CD if one felt the need to have a CD with that particular collection of maps and plugins on it.

see http://mythgraveyard.org/index.php?a=r004587
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello Myth friend's :D

I'm buying, (of a Myth Friend of The Forum Tain.) and already i received my book "Myth 2 - Handbook"
Look a picture of book on the table of my job. Thanks folks for all.

Julio
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

haha, awesome Julio 8) You've got your Myth II handbook, your Brazillian Flag, nice monitor. What more could one want? :D
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

J.Charles is very funny,

on page 34 - the forces of the light - he wrote: "... Think of the berserks warriors with serious emotional problems."

ah ah.

Julio
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I liked the author's writing style a lot - I read it after I had been playing Myth2 for several years so in theory knew most of what was in the book but I still found it to be a very entertaining read.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

That's very cool! Btw if anyone ever has spare copies of these things I'm willing to buy one :)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I have an autographed copy in near-mint condition. (never been read) Only thing is it doesn't have the now-very-outdated CD of mostly 3rd party maps and things. If you have any interest send me a PM - I promise not to gouge you, even though this is a very rare collectible. ;)
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

I didnt know there was a Myth Handbook. I saw it on here and thought it is very cool so I ordered one today. Amazon (at the link above) had a couple Used-Very Good condition with CD. I got mine for 10$ plus about 4$ shipping. Cant wait to get it. They had some left if anyone is interested.

Sam
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Myth II Handbook is a really good book. I bought a bunch a few years ago because I liked it so much!

If you can get a decent copy for $10 + reasonable shipping from Amazon that seems like a price that would be hard to beat.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

WooHoo! Just got mine in the mail! Its in nice shape. Going to start reading it now. Thanks to everyone that has been talking about it. I wouldnt have known it existed.

StB