GURPS Myth: A digital version

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

GURPS Myth: A digital version

Post by GodzFire »

I'm wondering if there was ever a digital version/ebook/pdf released of GURPS Myth? I've searched but have had zero luck.
juliocpaes

Re: GURPS Myth: A digital version

Post by juliocpaes »

Godzfire,

what's this "GURPS Myth" ? :?:

Julio
Road

Post by Road »

Every copy that I have found is only a 4 page sample.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Julio: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/myth/

Road: HELLO AGAIN MY FRIEND!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

juliocpaes wrote:Godzfire,

what's this "GURPS Myth" ? :?:

Julio
G.U.R.P.S. = "generic universal role playing system". GURPS was a generic set of rules (a framework or system) for pen&paper roleplaying games that could be customized to any type of setting. You could play a fantasy-medieval style game (like Dungeons and Dragons), or a WWII style game, or a futuristic apocalyptic style game, or a historical game. Apparently there was a set of Myth rules for GURPS.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Godz // Vinyl,

thanks for the explanation. :wink:
Road

Post by Road »

So far thats a "no"..::makes sad face --- :(

HELLO GODZFIRE!
Phex

Post by Phex »

Continue searching, I know from a very good source that GURPS Myth does exist in a digital form. I do not, however, encourage you to acquire it illegally.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Phex wrote:Continue searching, I know from a very good source that GURPS Myth does exist in a digital form. I do not, however, encourage you to acquire it illegally.
Trust me I have been searching.....a LOT. And yes, it does exist technically, however only in the form of a 5 page excerpt to show what the book looks like.
Phex

Post by Phex »

GodzFire wrote:
Phex wrote:Continue searching, I know from a very good source that GURPS Myth does exist in a digital form. I do not, however, encourage you to acquire it illegally.
Trust me I have been searching.....a LOT. And yes, it does exist technically, however only in the form of a 5 page excerpt to show what the book looks like.
Answered your PM.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Just out of curiosity: Is there anyone except from me who has ever played a GURPS Myth game? (Or at least heard of one being played?)
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

I bet you can get this on ebay for $10 or less. Over the years I have allways seen myth GURPS on there. No PDF REQUIRED!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Vindicator wrote:I bet you can get this on ebay for $10 or less. Over the years I have allways seen myth GURPS on there. No PDF REQUIRED!
Except if you want to copy/paste text found in the book, which retyping would be a real bitch. I already own the book.
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

Well you can make your own PDF, and since you own your own copy of the GURPS book, you are allowed to make 1 digital copy as a backup. So go for it!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Vindicator wrote:Well you can make your own PDF, and since you own your own copy of the GURPS book, you are allowed to make 1 digital copy as a backup. So go for it!
Ahh of course! I just need to scan in 128 pages, use OCR software to grab all the text, and make sure it doesn't mess up any of the words. I can probably get that done in 10 mins or so! *rolls eyes*