Myth 3 problem

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Every time I try to play a level on Myth 3, a whole bunch of black rectangular patches show up on the terrain, and they flicker whenever I move the camera. This happened both before and after I installed the new 1.3 patch. Anybody know what I can do about it?
CIK

Post by CIK »

Support for the 1.3 patch is at flyingflip.com. Since you had it in 1.2(which we do support here) I'm gonna guess that you are running out of VRAM for the textures it is trying to display. Can you post some specs about your system and video card.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Intel 82865G Graphics Controller version 6.14.0010.3865
Approx Total Memory: 96 MB
248 MB RAM
(I'm not sure which of those is the number you're looking for)

According to the myth log, the problem is that a bunch of skins are not jpeg-compressed.

Actually, I did not have patch 1.2. I just got the game and went straight to 1.3, because apparently it is a full update with no prior patches necessary. In any case, the patch shouldn't have anything to do with it, because as I said, I was having this problem before the update.

Hopefully some of this helps.
CIK

Post by CIK »

The 1.2 patch is the only one we provide support for, as it is the only version we have produced. I also did the coding for 1.1 which was released by the now dead MythDev organization. Based on your graphics card and RAM info, I'm gonna say you are running out of memore for the textures which is causing the effects you are seeing.