Map Missing Support

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Industry

Map Missing Support

Post by Industry »

So,

I have recently become obsessed with finding maps that I know existed but I can't find.

So I will ask the community in general. Instead of trying to hunt you all down individually.

These are all maps from what I considered fairly active/famous sources so I am kind of surprised I can't find them anywhere.

Desert of Skulls, Smiths of Muirthemne (SoM)
Wrath of the Journeyman, SoM
A Frost in Spring, SoM (one of the released Seventh Legion levels)
Desecration, SoM
Bloodstone, Korgath, Idiot MapMaking Collective

and here is where I found out about them:

The Still active SoM website, if you can believe that.
http://smithmaps.8m.com/projects.html

and the not active Idiots Map Making Collective website archived
http://web.archive.org/web/200108151615 ... loads.html

If you have one or more of these maps I would love to see them.

Thanks,
Industry
A-Red

Re: Map Missing Support

Post by A-Red »

Your best bet for SOM might be Teepens/True Peril, who appears to have worked on some of those projects. None of the rest of them have been involved in the community for many, many years (I'm pretty sure they were gone before I became active around 2004), but I was in contact with Teepens as recently as a couple of years ago while working on finalizing Battle for Urbarahz. If you don't have contact info for him and would like it, please send me a pm.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I was a founding member of SoM with Teepens ... and as far as I can recall, none of those projects were released. Some, like Wrath of the Journeyman, were just ideas - you can see Lord Raven's original concept for it here: http://myth.bungie.org/misc/fan/other/woundfest.html

By the time that webpage was created the group was already starting to fizzle out, with Guric/Anubis/Sciron fading away & then Discordia/Lord Raven going to university & dropping out. The rest of us joined Renaissance (http://web.archive.org/web/200111280611 ... nfare.com/), and later merged with Magma.

Btw if you thought the existence of the website was amazing, how about the continued presence of our old forum? http://www.network54.com/Forum/85943/ (pls don't spam it, its precious)

Anyway, back on topic, I'd be amazed if any of the aforementioned SoM projects were completed. If anyone knows different and better still has one of those plugins, I'd love to see it :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Iron have you spoken with Discordia at all since? I've been trying to locate him forever.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

He re-appeared in a college break to finish/release TWoB with Ghost, then afaik he's left for good. I certainly haven't any contact details for him, which is a pity as I still owe him a revenge game of Blue & Grey from years ago ;)
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

It would be nice even to see the betas released, as was done with The Great War or Shade of Gray.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

A-Red wrote:It would be nice even to see the betas released, as was done with The Great War or Shade of Gray.
I had been recently looking at the TGW stuff. I know there the following builds exist:

TGW b7
TGW Levels 1 thru 3
TGW Levels 1 thru 3 vA

Other than those 3, were there any newer ones? The b7 was dated January 2002 while the next two from the last days of December 2003. Welly had the PDF manual and readme which seem to be the only documents we have been able to find for TGW.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Iron,
I saw the SoM forums. And spent the better part of a day reading them, because I am insane. They are a fine public example, however, of how difficult it is to keep a volunteer project focused and delivering. "I still think Baeldun needs a new collection." But having read those forums I know that the other 3 TSL levels were in beta and just suffering from PC bugs, which I imagine are gone now that Myth has gone through 3 major revisions? Maybe sneak those out in their beta glory?

I'll name them here in case the Smith's forum ever goes down.
Help Unlooked For
News From Afar
A Frost in Spring

And those other SoM maps have to be finished, there are screen shots on that webpage! ;) I guess a more careful read would have caught the "works in progress" part...

Thanks for Bloodstone, Zak. I knew someone had to have it.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

iron wrote:He re-appeared in a college break to finish/release TWoB with Ghost, then afaik he's left for good. I certainly haven't any contact details for him, which is a pity as I still owe him a revenge game of Blue & Grey from years ago ;)
I need to find this person, AND I need to get Ghost back here as well.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've put Bloodstone up on The Tain:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/bloodstone
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Industry wrote:But having read those forums I know that the other 3 TSL levels were in beta and just suffering from PC bugs, which I imagine are gone now that Myth has gone through 3 major revisions? Maybe sneak those out in their beta glory?
I'm afraid to say that those levels are almost certainly long gone. I don't have a copy of them anywhere, and I'd doubt the other old members do either. By today's plugin standards they really weren't very good either, trust me.