"Spiritless Ice"- Teaser

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: "Spiritless Ice"- Teaser

Post by Melekor »

BambooStew22 wrote:Im so upset that I cant get OAK to work...
Are you on windows? If so, when you downloaded Oak did you extract the "res" folder from the zip file? That folder is needed for Oak to run, it needs to be in the same folder with the Oak exe file.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

Melekor- thanks- I got it working on one of my terminals... my dilemma = i bounce between 4 terminals depending where I'm at (certain files here, certain files there)... bummer Imma see if I can anoint the issue globally

Jongod- sounds lame but I am unfamiliar with "udogs" beyond you upload/download... enlighten?

GizmoHB- lol i made the mistake to save my photoshop file of SPIRITLESS ICE as an indexed file... so yeah... i lost all my layers... lmao...(drugs r bad) I shall salvage it somehow I am sure, but yeah I plan to alter the color map to a more natural tonal balance, i dont desire redoing any scenery beyond model textures or fear alterations...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

udogs runs a hotline server which allows you to talk/chat with other people on the server.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

BambooStew22 wrote:Melekor- thanks- I got it working on one of my terminals... my dilemma = i bounce between 4 terminals depending where I'm at (certain files here, certain files there)... bummer Imma see if I can anoint the issue globally

Jongod- sounds lame but I am unfamiliar with "udogs" beyond you upload/download... enlighten?

GizmoHB- lol i made the mistake to save my photoshop file of SPIRITLESS ICE as an indexed file... so yeah... i lost all my layers... lmao...(drugs r bad) I shall salvage it somehow I am sure, but yeah I plan to alter the color map to a more natural tonal balance, i dont desire redoing any scenery beyond model textures or fear alterations...

Aye, to go into more detail with what VR said, it's a myth chatroom and filesystem. You running a Mac or PC?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

I have windows terminals... :oops:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

BambooStew22 wrote:I have windows terminals... :oops:
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Hotline%20Fil ... ne-Win.zip

Download this, and connect to the server hl.udogs.net
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

just a fair warning, the udogs hotline is a place with a bunch of idle people who will only respond to you when you insult them a whole lot (that's my personal experience), so if you're looking for a quiet place to do some soul searching while having a cold beverage it's the place to be... =)

...Giz
Defacto

Post by Defacto »

Interesting map bamboo, makes me think its a cross between Noah's ark on mount Ararat, and an Ice cave.

I was going to say, "make sure you save an RGB file of the map" since there will be more then just support for indexed stuff in myth soon. Are you sure you dont have a backup hidden someplace? You can never have enough backups, unless you start drowning in them...and you said you keep switching between computers. maybe its hidden someplace?
necro2607

Post by necro2607 »

whoa, I love the look of this map. Ahh I love winter maps. Looking great so far.
twitter: amatecha
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Defacto wrote:...since there will be more then just support for indexed stuff in myth soon.
I'm not so sure such support will extend to all images.
Defacto

Post by Defacto »

Well Pyro, it would be for collections, for units surely, :::Crosses fingers::: and i would imagine the images for maps are part of collections so it would extend to them as well......hopefully ~8^)
If the plan isnt currently to have maps with 24 or 32 bit collections, the plan should be changed! There are a lot of myth makers out there with RGB versions of maps they made in the past. If you add this to how good maps can look with skilled detail textures, then myth could give ANY game on the planet a run for its money in terms of how good the terrain/maps can look.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I am definitely in favor of 32bit cmaps, but I know ultimately the developers have limited time, and who knows where it will fall in priorities.

I'd rather have quite a few things, before that. Not to say I don't think it should absolutely be a part of 1.8
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I believe the current holdup Ren, is that Colourmaps and Shadowmaps are very closely tied together in the mesh tag, and upgrading the shadowmap to work with a 32bit colourmap apparently is no trivial process. I've been poking the dev's about this on a bi-weekly basis :P
Defacto

Post by Defacto »

DOH! This reminds me of something...There should be a way to IMPORT shadow maps and lighting maps into loathing. As with larger...Ahem SUPER large ones like 8192X65536 (myths current maxmium map collection size) if you try to generate them in loathing it will crash. I could make them in photoshop and import them. But currently there is no way to do this.
Defacto

Post by Defacto »

Err also if maps had 24-32 bit colormaps AND detail textures i DOUT that you would even NEED shadow maps at this point. The maps would look soo awesome, fuck shadow maps if they are the hold up! you can allways simulate shadow maps in photoshop on the colormaps anyways.