omni patch...

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Point

omni patch...

Post by Point »

omni patch pc...

keeps saying cant open original files

both files are in the same directory . (folder)

any ideas why its not working ..?
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: omni patch...

Post by Melekor »

Is this the version you are using? http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/omnipatch-windows

Are the original file, target file or patch read/write accessible? For example, if you had myth open while trying to patch, the original plugin would not be readable because it would be in use by myth.

Could the patch or original file be corrupted? Have others successfully applied the same patch?
Point

Post by Point »

yes using myrds pc version ...

tried with myth going and myth closed... still same thing...

applies patches ok... just building them for some reason i cant as of yet get to work... the pc installer maybe or something i tried on other plugs same thing so wasnt the plug ...

does the app have to be in the same folder as the plugins being patched?

Took the plugs and the omnipatch ap out of the myth folder and now it works... the joys of figuring out pc's :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Did your mac finally die? If not, why aren't you just using the Mac version. It works flawlessly every time.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I think he was testing it out due to having PC users complain that his omnipatch would not work, or at least I think that could be the reason for him testing it out in a PC. Maybe Point reached some character limit in the file name address or something so moving it closer to the root directory might do the trick. Or if the Myth folder was the issue as Point seems to have stated, maybe there were too many files for the program to grab the files it needed or something.
Point

Re: omni patch... new issue

Post by Point »

pc omni patch application couldnt be in the myth folder and the files used to create the patch also could not be in the myth folder... might be something as simple as permisions or something no idea ... though it did work once i moved everything out of the folder...

yes we had a problem with pc patch applied people and mac patch applied people seeing red games for each others hosts... so was checking that out...

and yes mac is sorta dead the power supply went out.. and wont charge. so it only works if i have a charged battery ... so have to charge on another pb... which is tuff to ask to borrow at say starbucks... anyway ordered a new to me Mac.

New Issue omni patch... pc... crashes when trying to build patch from large plugin files.. maybe its my ram or something though trying to do and updater to a 491 meg tagset and crash every time :(
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, omnipatch can only work with the amount of free ram your computer has... so a system with very little ram will not be able to create or use big patches.
ejvill

Post by ejvill »

hi,

a newbie in the house,,just curious can I use omnipatch in my laptop?does it really require a huge amount of ram?

Thankz
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

The bigger the file being patched, the more ram you will need. Most files being patched are not so big so you probably don't need to worry about it unless you are talking about files that don't even fit in a CD.