mauriac's tale for myth 2

Talk about anything here.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I liked mauriacs tale for myth tfl but why do you guys not have it for myth 2?
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Because there's more to Magma's life than doing what you tell them to ;(
capital

Post by capital »

Guest wrote:I liked mauriacs tale for myth tfl but why do you guys not have it for myth 2?
Glad to know you like Mauriac. Judd, the most likely person, who has the most intimate knowledge of this plugin is no longer active in Myth.

Perhaps, there might a time when someone wishes to port Mauriac to Myth II, but I don't know who/when that might happen.

For the time being, we could always all go and play Mauriac on TFL.

Because there's more to Magma's life than doing what you tell them to ;(

When stevens refers to 'you guys', it need not be limited to magma. I fail to to see the reason why you limit stevens request to magma. Furthermore, it is just a request.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

The Elfoid wrote:Because there's more to Magma's life than doing what you tell them to ;(
Sand. In. Your. Vagina.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I remeber that Cam de Gray considered doing this...

Edit: Converting tha plug of course ;)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Speaking from considerable experience having created the Fallen Levels plus a few other TFL level ports, let me say that its a huge task with few rewards. Unlike making a new plugin, doing a port from TFL involves no creativity hence its purely drudge work. There'll be things in the script that work differently in m2 from TFL, so you'll need to spend a lot of time testing. You'll be criticised if you get anything wrong, and even if the port is flawless there'll be comments along the lines of "its just a port".

Something the size of Mauriac's Tales would easily be a good 6 to 12 month's work. As Cap said it may happen (and needn't be Magma either, there's other people around with the ability) but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Re: mauriac's tale for myth 2

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Bump
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Great, remind everyone of a post I made that everyone disapproved of all over again (even if I do stand by my points).
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I love this plug and I would give a shot at porting it, if I had a Mac. I think being on a pc it would just be pointless since I can't read any tags from tfl.
Olong

Post by Olong »

Sir Mauriac's was fantastic, and a fine example of how a person should convert and port 3rd-party maps: Credits given to all previous authors, a well-conceived storyline, consistency, outstanding gameplay. I do understand how difficult a port would be, but it would be a fine thing to have.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

So messing around with Fear and Loathing and found Raisin barn or m2. I figured I'd give porting Willow a shot. Got all the light units in place and going to start setting up the dark units. If anyone can do me a favor that could speed his up I only ask for something that I can't do on pc.

stats of the units from tfl. I'm assuming they are all default except for Mc'Grady's speed.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I used to have a working MacOS8 running under Sheepshaver on a PC, but that was on an old laptop that died a few years ago & I hadn't tried getting it running again since.

Using that, it'd be technically possible to extract the tags (as you could run TFL Fear) along with colourmap etc from TFL Loathing. It'd still be a huge job, as I remember Fallen Levels taking months even with the mesh converter that I wrote, and this is a similar sized campaign.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Thanks Iron, i'll check into that emulator. I'm not sure about porting all of SMT, but at least a few of my favorites from that at least. Another question: Why do the firbolg look better on Tfl than m2 vtfl?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Gleep wrote:Why do the firbolg look better on Tfl than m2 vtfl?
They really let themselves go. :wink:
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I was really impressed with the units in the final build for tfl. I just wish people would play it online.