Myth: Avons Hope LIVE ACTION Myth Fan Film on YOUTUBE

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Re: Myth: Avons Hope LIVE ACTION Myth Fan Film on YOUTUBE

Post by vinylrake »

anymore 'childish' than people ragging on an amateur fan movie obviously created by people who really loved the game and put a lot of time and energy into it as if it were a professional film?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Difference is, Jack had a team and a sound studio to work with, and knew his team had put something really cool together. Speculating, but It probably _was_ children doing the ragging, people that had no clue what it takes to make something like a short film. At the time, Jack and his team were not children, of this I know for sure. The way he handled the situation and became so adamant that it got taken down from every community website was like a toddler's temper tantrum. Overblown and ridiculous.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

maybe "overblown" to you, but he was probably expecting more positive reaction and even if the hating is from immature children anonymously over the net it probably still hurt his feelings to have something he and his team worked on so long and so hard raked over the coals. so did he have thin skin? sounds like it, should he have taken the negative comments to heart? probably not, but whether his reaction was 'overblown' or not, still it was his creation, his right to distribute it or not.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

If Myth ever becomes truly nice to be a part of, I think it'll get so dull. It still feels like home while it's like this.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

But elf, you only play myth once a year.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

*shrug* I know nothing about his tantrum, but he was pretty kind to me when he saw the voiceover I did. I'm guessing he got over it, whatever it was.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

This was a good while after he'd left Myth, but I guess all people can mellow. Also, what voiceover?

And I play Myth more than once a year! I've been on twice this week, for like 5 games each time. THIS IS DOUBLE YOUR STATISTIC SIR.