Update problems, please help - Problems for both myth 1 and 2 updaters.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Scutlar

Post by Scutlar »

Hey guys, I asked for help first at Playmyth, and a guy said I should ask here, so...

The updaters I got for both Myth 1 and 2 (1.4 and 1.5 respectively), don't work. On Myth 1 it unexpectably quits and on Myth II it crashes. And I know the problem is the installer, the so called 'VISE'. I got the updater for VISE for the lower systems (9.0 and so on). But the trouble is that I'm on 8.6 right, and I'm guessing that the new VISE doesn't like it and doesn't install the versions. Even worse, I find out that you NEED these updates to play at Playmyth. I am unsure what the problem is, but think that it is VISE- based. Is there a different way to get the updates? Like through a different installer?

Thanks very much for any help.
lank

Post by lank »

i don't know about tfl, as that was done by mythdev (though cik, the main programmer for it is now with us, should know), but m2 1.5 has a manual installer. it has instructions on where to put each item, but if you have problems and need help, we'll gladly give it. :)
*toot*
Scutlar

Post by Scutlar »

Cool, thanks for the relpy.
A manual installer? I have heard there is one from someone at Gameranger. How do you access it? I don't know how to...

cheers again for any help. :D
lank

Post by lank »

http://projectmagma.net/m21.5.shtml

in the list of downloads, at the very last, you'll find the mac manual installer.
*toot*
Scutlar

Post by Scutlar »

Cool thanks again.
lank

Post by lank »

glad to help :)
*toot*
Scutlar

Post by Scutlar »

I got the manual installer, it's all good (thanks again). But I can't open Myth II 1.5 because I don't have OpenGL library (I did, but it disappeared somewhere, must have been from changing systems or something). Do you know where I could download it?

Cheers again. :D
lank

Post by lank »

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120000

this is apple's opengl installer. works from os8.1 upwards. good luck and have fun! :)
*toot*
Scutlar

Post by Scutlar »

Man, thanks Lank. It works fine now, but there is just one more problem. Being the clueless computer user I am, and the fact it was a manual installar, I can't seem to get onto PLaymyth. It says the server doesn't respond. In other words, I think I haven't put everything in that I should have. Could you please tell me what to put in into plugins to get onto playmyth (and what type of files that should be taken out)?

cheers and cheers again.
kim jong il

Post by kim jong il »

Playmyth.net (if it still exists) have their own plugins that have to be installed before you can use their site (as well as bungie plugs that need removal). then, the only battle is the pack of juveniles who think/know? they OWN the place. Deal with these guys and you are all up and happenning.

Good luck, kim
CIK

Post by CIK »

1.5 includes the playmyth plugins. As for TFL just wait for the 1.5 update of TFL, it is still a little while off but since your on OS 9 1.3 will work fine for you, except you can't play on playmyth(which no one plays TFL there anyways).