Hmm...? - Well well

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Chris B.

Post by Chris B. »

Hmm... Well My fellow Chris, it seems odd for you to say such things just when the TFL mappack would come out, diverting separate plugins to a big one (I know, it is exlcusively for M2) :p But a few words to mince with. There is the big possibility that if someone undergoed with this project idea and poured there little hearts into it, it may cause more attention for the Myth Community, which is good. Besides, no one is playing these maps anymore (save a couple) because NO ONE HAS THEM on Playmyth. Sure, say all you want about the plugins, respect for them, and how much the makers deserve their own little plugins (Still annoys me to switch from active to non), but don’t you think that the makers would respect even more that their creations were actually still being used? :cry: I know you have reasons, but the fact is, it is worthless to have 20 maps on Playmyth, each a separate little file that needs it’s own handling, and on top of it, is never played because you and everyone else will always have the educated guess that anyone in the lobby with you doesn’t have it.
Truth: No one plays Badlands and alot of Creation maps. (Only since some DLed the MWC stuff). Sorry, I would rather have a big plugin and actually USE it.
-Chris B.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Chris:

1. Thanks for making your requests on this forum, but register; it's painless.

2. I should have explained better and saved you some argument. I agree with you; I made the TFL mappack for basically the same reasons, but Badlands has already, more or less, denied permission for something similar to what you ask. Now, it might be worth asking again, and as you've taken the trouble to persist, I'll look into getting permission to compile exactly what you're asking for. You shouldn't count on me to actually create it however, should that permission be obtained. At least not very quickly. I am despairingly behind on other projects as it is. I will get back to you on the matter in this thread though.

3. There's some ex-Creation members in Magma too, but from what I understand, Clem has made many of thier multiplayer maps, and he's highly unlikely to give us permission for anything.

3. The TFL maps are a bit different in that we're far less likely to meet resistance to the idea from the creators, and there is no other way to play them on M2.

Edited By ChrisP on 1089133396
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

That's a little simpler than reality, but I guess doesn't miss the truth. Most, if not all, of the maps in the TFL Multipack had been converted to Myth 2 previously. There were many benefits to Magma's version though: The high quality of the transfer, having all the maps in one place, being made with virtual TFL in mind rather than SB units/gameplay or an inferior effort to replicate it. Those extra meshes too. I doubt if anyone minded a new version of Creep on the Borderlands, though probably every serious player had some rendition of it already.

I guess you do have to worry about alienating some people who have the maps already but I think the benefits would be there. If you could assume at least some other people have a map(a lot easier with a large pack than a dozen small ones) there's a larger chance it will get played.

Since you have so much energy to spend on this issue, Mr B, perhaps you could goad former members of the groups into returning from the dead one last time to do this themselves.