Mystery plugins - Who made them?

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

looking back at some CDs i got free with some Mac magazines i found some strange myth II plugins. They're not too bad either. using tag extractor I found the url as being bungie.net (the default ur.) The plugins are Dorf rockets, return of the fir'Bolg, squirell lightning and flaming chicken arrows.

dorf rockets gives the dorfs rockets instead of grenades.

fi'Bolg gives ur arcs new flavor texts, lightning bows and 2 fireball arrows.

Squirell lightning doesn't seem to do anything but some people say it makes squirells faster.

Flaming chicken arrows is fairly obvious. ur flaming chicken arrows explode, paralysing all nearby units and killing lots.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

try the squirell thing with a fetch? maybe then something will happen...

can't help you with the creator
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

will un-authored plugs still go on thetain.org or is that illegal? They're VERY small files so I can e-mail them to any who want them
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

The Elfoid wrote:will un-authored plugs still go on thetain.org or is that illegal? They're VERY small files so I can e-mail them to any who want them

No clue if The Tain will have them, but I'd be happy to host them over at MythForums if they need a home.

I got a pretty decent collection of plugins over there, would be happy to add to it.

...and BrainBug is correct on the fetch thing with Squirrel Lightening :) It's pretty funny, but it also gets old kinda quick, heh.

p.s. Howdy to my Magma brethren !!! Long time no see guys :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

What do u mean the thing about squirils? He just said something MIGHT happen......They take up about 200k each so Myth Forums slow dl speed won't be much of a problem. I might email them to u. make sure I'm in the read me tho!!!
lank

Post by lank »

hey ppe!

good to see you around here. :)
*toot*
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

The Elfoid wrote:What do u mean the thing about squirils? He just said something MIGHT happen......
Yeah, i don't have the plugins, i just thought for electricity, you'ld want to play with fetch
Baak

Post by Baak »

There was a 5-tag plugin called "Rocket Dwarfs" that was authored by "ig98". It was the inspiration for my "Rocket Dorf Fest" plugin. :)

Not sure if it's the same one, but I could always compare if needed.

Just waiting for TheTain.org to come into being so I can post v4.5 (or whatever the final version ends up being ;) ) of RDF.

Been waiting for Myth II v1.5 and now have a couple of extras we're adding on to it that have to finish testing. Keep an eye out - I'll think you'll really enjoy it!

PPE!!! :O

Long time no see, man! How goes it?!? :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

This plugin had dorfs that threw rockets a real long way. I mean a looooong way. The screen shakes and a masive bit of ground riples. Nothing survives it. The greanades are green with a trail of fire similar to a fire arrow and fly almost in a strait line.

Does this sound like the plugin u r talking about?
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

yes, thats the stuff he ripped for RDF :)