Installing Myth II Plug-ins?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Installing Myth II Plug-ins?

Post by Pyro »

Take a look at these two images. Do the status (top bar) and control (bottom bar) bars from those images look the same as the ones you see in the game?

Transparency Off
Transparency On
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Pyro wrote:Take a look at these two images. Do the status (top bar) and control (bottom bar) bars from those images look the same as the ones you see in the game?

Transparency Off
Transparency On
The transparency off looks the same, the transparency on looks more brown with a lighter coloured text than I have. As I say mine is dark grey with grey text on top, your look brown with a light brown on top, rather than just dark brown with brown, which would be harder to see.

Your tag is closer to the sort of colour I get. Although not that dark of course.

By the way, thanks for taking the trouble to take those screenshots! Very kind of you.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well I was using the default Myth2 interface. If it doesn't look like that for you, it could be that your graphics drivers are making it look different for you. You might want to find out if there are updated drivers for your graphics card. Either that or you have a different plugin that is altering your interface tags.

As for not being able to see the text, I can see mine fine. It could be that your monitor or the gamma setting you are using is making it harder to see the transparent text.

To make sure you are using the correct interface file, right click on the "Patch 1.4 Interface" plugin. Select properties. This is the way to find out if you are on Windows, if on Mac, I am not sure how different it might be. What does it show for date modifed and what is the file size?