Extremely tiny bug in 1.5 - Sorry for posting it here

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

I know you told me not to, but I could only find the bug tracker for 1.5.1 which had a message saying it wasn't working.

Anyway, before you beat me senseless with that salmon, I suggest you listen to this:

Played a co-op game of Heads, Limbs, Smoking Craters. Of the 5 people, one drops after saying OOS, another just drops, maybe he went OOS too. It doesn't seem likely that it has anything to do with the bug, but thought I'd mention it.

After some less than stellar play, we lost our dwarves which triggers defeat on that map. The problem, if you could call it that, is that instead of saying at the top of the screen "DEFEAT GAME OVER" it said "VICTORY GAME OVER." Otherwise, the Myth 2 treated the game as a loss, i.e. the map did not increment when the host restarted, I saved the film if anyone is interested and has trouble recreating the situation.

Ok, I'm done now. Apologies for wasting your time with something so trivial.

Jimmy

ps-if someone knows a better place to forward this doozy so the developers will note it, let me know somehow and I can repost/send it there.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Actually I have seen this too, on multiplayer games. At random points in the game it will occassionally say "Game on" or something similar. I believe this happened in one of my OpOp matches so igmo may have the film.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The reason it says VICTORY is because that particular level still moves you on in the campaign even if you lose, as it is a secret level and was not designed to prevent you advancing further if you lost.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

now that i reread it I think my problem was different.
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

Ok, that makes sense to me. I guess it's just something working not quite as intended because it's not in a regular level. I was thinking it might be something cropping up totally at random, or possibly as a result of those specific loss triggers or something.