myth2 1.8 suggestions

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Re: myth2 1.8 suggestions

Post by vinylrake »

Chicken Berel wrote:"unstarted" that can't be the case...
i was referring to 1.8. and it _might_ not be the case, but it most certainly _could_ be the case.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Twinda... works beyond measure to describe the wind age fiasco
Point, dont make me fuck you up.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Myth: The Drama age.

Aka, the entirety of time that fans played it.

Please calm down people, just everyone stop bickering, seriously.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

it's funny to see how many of the posts always end up in the same theme and discussion...haha
jeeez, we are surely one sort left behind...
one of my favorite places on the internet though...hehe
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"and the only thing I ever want to hear called myth 4 better be on the shelf at my local retailer"

While I agree wholeheartedly, that's crazy talk. A bedtime story. Time to look ahead, I think. When you think about Star Wars (the film that only got made because George Lucas couldn't get the rights to Flash Gordon), the answer is pretty obvious. Some cluey fellow (or bunch of fellows) is going to have to make a new sort of Myth. Myth was one big pastiché of a whole mess of other literature anyway, so it wouldn't be hard to do again.

Worst case, it could be as frowned upon as Willow (which was only made because George Lucas couldn't get the rights to The Hobbit).
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Point

Post by Point »

lol ... willow and the hobbit... so maybe myth got made because nobody wanted to buy the rights to the black company ...

so a suggestion for myth2 1.8 ... is that it be Farthlow1 -the breeding levels... or maybe the upping levels. :)

how bout the most simple solution of all for 1.8 just log the hell on to marius net and play :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
06Garrick

Post by 06Garrick »

Hello People of Myth,

My suggestion is to make selected units appear as white on the overhead. This would allow players to easily distinguish between preset groups by simply observing the overhead. For example, if I were to surround my enemy with puss ghouls it would be beneficial to know which one I had selected to move into attack while maintaining focus on my primary force. In a ideal world I would just remember that the ghol to the east was preset 1 and that the ghol to the west was preset 2, but this is not always that easy (my brain is tiny).

A graphic delineating what preset group a unit belongs to would also be pretty awesome. I know this can create quite a bit of clutter, but it would certainly be useful in game.

Peace

Garrick (the dumb one)
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

What if you are on a winter map? White would not be so favorable.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

"Willow" was an awesome movie. it should have been a huge blockbuster.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

While I agree wholeheartedly, that's crazy talk. A bedtime story.
Made possible by take 2 - if what i'm hearing is true, they are holding out hope that someone will want to pay out the ass for the rights. They definitely need a reality check. Were it almost any other company, or perhaps the same company with better management or more realistic aspirations for its currently owned IP, it wouldn't be crazy talk, nor a bedtime story.

Worms is another game that is fervently loved by its fans, what few still cling together gather on WormNet in a situation so extremely like myth's that it's pretty eerie - their community is made up of die-hard veterans with absolutely no tolerance or pity for noobs, save for a few helpful people who care more about the community gaining new members than saving five seconds having to explain the specific games rules to someone who joined and does not know them.

Just recently they basically re-tooled World Party and tore the graphical guts out and replaced them with modern high resolution stuff, particle effects and all. Worms was just as "dead" (save for some bastardized retarded version that was released on xbox live arcade a year or two ago) as myth was, and is just as old. Literally. Without take2's wilful idiocy it would simply be a matter of a convincing presentation, a thorough G.D.D., and talking to the right people.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"take2's wilful idiocy"

It is truly scary how well these words fit together!
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Hi all. I am new here. Well, not exactly, I used 1.5 version of the game and of course back in the prehistory Myth was one of my first PC Pentium games.

I have some suggestions.

First one question: There exists a high resolution testure for the fallen levels?. I mean in the same way the opengl textures for Myth 2.

-Suggestions:

Could be possible a restoration of the sprites and animations? The game grows in Modern standards, but the old sprites are very old. With high resolutions the animations a little choppy and the visuals a little blurry.

Could be the zoom camera be modified to make the nearer zoom useful?. I say something like a slightly vertical elevation when zoom is closest.

Are there space to make those lights more visual appealing? OpenGL related?

And another question: Is the next patch near? and another question :D Why the Myth 3 engine wasnt the standart to make new patches like the 1.7.1?

Greetings!!
pompey

Post by pompey »

I hope somebody kind responds to you, Gudadantza. Your post has a lot of questions that are very reasonable, but are issues that exist not because nobody's considered them, but because there are prohibitive difficulties (or lack of interest) behind them.

As you imply you know, through some hackish approaches, people have used some high-res units in the game and landscape textures went in with 1.7 so there is updating of the graphics, albeit piecemeal. I think the modeling is just a huge amount of work and nobody's getting paid to take it on, of course.

The decision not to use the M3 engine was (I am virtually positive, although it does constitute a guess by a technicality) intentional. Many people found the graphics and gameplay disagreeable in a variety of ways, and feel the playability of M2 is worth the graphics sacrifice.

I hope somebody comes along with better information.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

pompey wrote:I hope somebody kind responds to you, Gudadantza. Your post has a lot of questions that are very reasonable, but are issues that exist not because nobody's considered them, but because there are prohibitive difficulties (or lack of interest) behind them.

As you imply you know, through some hackish approaches, people have used some high-res units in the game and landscape textures went in with 1.7 so there is updating of the graphics, albeit piecemeal. I think the modeling is just a huge amount of work and nobody's getting paid to take it on, of course.

The decision not to use the M3 engine was (I am virtually positive, although it does constitute a guess by a technicality) intentional. Many people found the graphics and gameplay disagreeable in a variety of ways, and feel the playability of M2 is worth the graphics sacrifice.

I hope somebody comes along with better information.
I have made a Fallen Levels, TFL Multipack+more detail texture pack, it should be released at some point, don't worry.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Many people found the graphics and gameplay disagreeable in a variety of ways, and feel the playability of M2 is worth the graphics sacrifice."

With all the work done on M2, it's even less of a sacrifice than ever, which is kickarse.