BACMAN

Myth 3 secret levels

Post by BACMAN »

Anyone know something about Myth 3 secret levels??? Thanks
Zeph

Re: Myth 3 secret levels

Post by Zeph »

find the pikachu and kill it

Dont remember what level though, it's a catacomb and you get a bunch of dwarves!
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

think you have to win 1st level with no casualties on legendary for secret level

never done it myself since its very hard
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Fact or just Rumor? I have no idea.

http://mything.org/index.php?a=article- ... 0000002211
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

I know the thread is rather dead, but I have tried some things about it. There is a necromancer in the first Myth III level, in Legendary, at least. If you kill him before to win, the victory light glows in yellow, but the next level is still the first level, with no visible chhange. I don't know if it is likewise with previous versions. If you select the four heroes in Mazzarin crypt's level, then you press U, at the beginning of the level, they turn into archer, dwarf and heron guard heroes, and a warlock. In the spider temple's level, there are damaged walls in the south-eastern rooms of the map. If you destroy it with your dwarves, you can see secret ways for normal rooms, with enemies within, and a dead-end in which a sort of spiderman is dancing between satchel's charges and sending the message "PARTAY!WOOOO". You can let him there, or reduce him into pieces/ashes or throw him into the Tain : )
If you know other secrets, or the first level's secret effect, feel free to post it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

the link in the earlier post says if you play the first level on legendary difficulty, with no casulties including peasants, then you will get access the secret level, " The Defense of Mumboland" where your light units get replaced by Dr. Mumby and the mryks get replaced by squrirels that shoot lightning.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

vinylrake wrote:the link in the earlier post says if you play the first level on legendary difficulty, with no casulties including peasants, then you will get access the secret level, " The Defense of Mumboland" where your light units get replaced by Dr. Mumby and the mryks get replaced by squrirels that shoot lightning.
The link says, as well, than the game reloads the first level with normal myrkridias. I have tried that with the godmode plugin, and then without any casualty, but no squirrel that shoot lightning, nor Mumboland or Dr. Mumby. That is why I think, too, the 1.3.1 version may have a different effect than the previous versions.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

the info in the link could very well be wrong.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Except what I have tried and what worked. Tough, I'm sure the game's first version had omething secret when reloading the first level after killing the necromancer and winning. And when I tried the crypt's level with changed units, they got stuck at the end of the map when I ported them through the portal who should have brought them at the room before the big wisp boss' one.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

To buy Myth III, or not to buy. That is the question.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Ah, to buy!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

But why?
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry

Yeah I remember being in best buy ages ago when myth 3 came out and was wondering what I was looking at, unfortunately it looked nothing like the other 2 so I went for Half Life! Now there was a great game, the SP was great, TFC DoD even better.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Because I got it for less than ten bucks. Ya, I know that it is possible to pirate the entire game, but I'm not like that.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Even if I never played online in Myth III, and if it isn't like the two previous games, I liked the levels, the scenery, theunits,... the cutscenes aren't nice at all, but for me it's a minor weakness. I preferred to play in easy or normal, to be able to play more freely and with more and better melees than in legendary, in which we have to make the enemies turn in circles, avoid any melee as much as possible,...