Old Old returning player.

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Avata

Old Old returning player.

Post by Avata »

HOMAHGOSH!!!! :shock:
I played this game from when it first came out up until the Bungie dummies sold out. I was barely a teen then. I've missed the game all my life after player game after game trying to find a substitute. Low and behold I decide to reread the story and search myth on google and I wikipedia tells me about the Tain. I was overjoyed to see that there were people keeping Myth going. :D

It got me thinking, why the hell hasn't a major game company noticed that of all the games that come and go out there, Myth has survived for years, and it has done so off of just ITS FANS!! :!: !! Why has no one picked it up again knowing that it has done this? I want the story to be run from the first leveler to the point where we find out if Alric and Soulblighter ended the Leveler cycle. I hope that they haven't! It would mean more MYTH!!! And I am sure theres a ton of Myth fans out there that remain unbeknownst to the surviving myth community...

So, whats your guys story? All I know is that bungie sold out, and you picked it up and kept it going. Any future plans :?:

I just ordered all 3 versions and all the reamps. They'll arrive on the 18th, so hopefully I can be caught up on the MYTH NEWS, and once I beat the storyline again, join you all online. :P
Leaders are as Sheppards.
Avata

Re: Old Old returning player.

Post by Avata »

Dunno if any of you would remember me. I was Warrior98. Is there a way to look up the old stats?
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Hey ava

Im not with magma, but ive played this game since 98 too. Glad you found it again

I also lost contact when bungie.net died, and a few years later one of my friends told me about the playmyth server, which lasted a few years before being hacked and shut down. Mariusnet is now the only server.

Myth 3 was buggy and unpolished when it was released, and did not impress the myth community. Myth 3 has since been patched and updated to be much better, though there are not very many online players, so myth 2 is still the best imo

As far as I know, the rights to myth are now owned by take2, who have kindly allowed project magma to update myth 2, but have been reluctant to discuss selling
Avata

Post by Avata »

Huh interesting. Thank you. I have yet to wait 5 long days to join the community again.

How many players remain?
I have a windows 7 computer. Will the cds be up to date or will I have to adjust and download on top of the install? Kinda walkin in the dark atm. ;/
Baak

Post by Baak »

Welcome back! :)

Pyro's excellent Myth Starter Guide is also an excellent refresher guide.

Cheers
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

there are 40 players and 5 games right now, which I would say is about average. The lobby rooms are set up a little differently now, there's really only one room needed most of the time. The scoring system has also changed alot, its no longer as fun (in my opinion).

The myth 2 cd is way out of date, but will still work for mac or pc. Once you install, you will need the patch 1.7.1, which will allow myth 2 to run on win7 without a cd

There are tons of third party maps now, so be ready to download... Myth 1 was ported into myth 2 as a plugin, so I believe you can play m1 without bothering to install it. Im not entirely sure if it has everything though. I dont really know the status of m3
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

mariusnet (http://mariusnet.com) is the only myth game server still active - both bungie.net and playmyth.net left this mortal coil a few years back so if you are looking for playmyth or bnet stats you are out of luck unless you can find some old archived stat pages somewhere (http://archive.org).
Avata

Post by Avata »

Thanks guys. Just beat the storyline again to refresh. Now to update, and get online. ;)