About Myth III plugins

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Korialstrasz

About Myth III plugins

Post by Korialstrasz »

Hello
Can you tell me how I can activate plugins for Myth III v1.02? I have the file in the directory, but I can't see Plugins in the game main menu...
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: About Myth III plugins

Post by Pyro »

Have you tried the 1.3.1 patch?
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Well, I have now the 1.31 patch, and can access the plugins list by the new game menu. But, though I have put the godmode plugin files in the plugins folder, the plugins list in the game remains empty. Have I missed something?
Last edited by Korialstrasz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I am the author of that plugin, and will check why people are having problems with this plugin not showing.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

I forgot to say I'm playing Myth III on Windows XP, and the solo campaign is working fine.
I did the whole campaign a while ago, in easy, mostly enjoying the melee slaughters :)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

So wait, the plugin works when in the solo mode?
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

No, I was just saying the campaign in itself was working fine It was only in Easy difficulty, without any plugin. Now, I'm just looking for try the godmode plugin in Legendary difficulty, and watch bigger melee battles, and that sort of things. ;)
It seems my game doesn't detect that plugin, and I don't know if it would detect others.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Sorry for the double post, but is the plugin working for you?
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

I'd think the godmode plugin is really not detected by my game... any clue yet?
*shows puppy eyes

*Is there someone there? : (
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Korialstrasz, it's only been a few days since I said something. Posting and PMing me 5 times won't help speed things up, sorry to say.

I checked today and unfortunately every Ballistic version I've tried can't create a proper M3 plugin. Until that gets fixes, there's nothing I can do. The only alternative is to use UnTag to extract the tags from the plugin, and put it in your local folder. I know for a fact it will work then.
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Sorry, I didn't mean to spam...
I have used the UnTag from this site, and extracted the 37 files into the local folder, but it doesn't seem to work yet. I tried under folders for mesh, objects and formations, and directly under the local folder, but still nothing.
GuavaMoment

Post by GuavaMoment »

I've been having the same problem so I asked a friend who knows Ballistic to look into it. He said the problem involved a mesh tag from the changes GodzFire made to level 23. He's modified it and submitted the file again, so look for that soon. I've tested it and got it to work. When the file does show up, play level 23 with it on to see his creative solution to killing invincible units. :)
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Well, I have downloaded that working godmode for Myth III, and it is detected and seems to work well. I'll verify every campaign level to ensure everything is fine, but I'll thank all of you who helped making it work.
*hugs everyone

Edit: I have finished every level on legendary with this mod, and saved the movies. That godmode was quiet enjoying and funny :)
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

I've had no issues making plugins with ballistic.

What are the steps you are following to make plugins?