Chickens Players colors

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
SamualACarver

Chickens Players colors

Post by SamualACarver »

One the map I am working on I would like to have the chickens take on the players/team colors. I remember when I had been working on this before I had recolored the Chicken Sprites the Green that I saw other units had where they would take on the players colors. It didnt work though. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also can someone remind me how to edit/create Sprites I had a program for that but forgot now what I used.

Thanks
Sam TB
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Chickens Players colors

Post by Myrd »

Back in the day you'd use Amber on the Mac or possibly Tahoe on Windows for editing collections (which is needed for both of the things you want to do).

Nowadays, you should probably use Oak. It's still in private beta, so if you want to beta test it - send me a PM on these forums and I can add you to the list.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Changing the color to a light green (or cyan, or pink, etc) is only one step. With Oak or Amber, you would need to make a new hue change and make it alter that color. There are 3 choices for "Use as" for that hue change. Primary Color means it will replace the color with the player's primary color. If the player is part of a team, then the primary color is the team captain's primary color. Secondary Color means it will replace the color with the player's secondary color. If the player is part of a team, then the secondary color is the player's primary color. None means the color won't be altered from whatever you set it in the collection reference. When playing in single player instead of using primary/secondary colors from the player and or team, it uses the colors found in its collection reference.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Myrd wrote:Back in the day you'd use Amber on the Mac or possibly Tahoe on Windows for editing collections (which is needed for both of the things you want to do).

Nowadays, you should probably use Oak. It's still in private beta, so if you want to beta test it - send me a PM on these forums and I can add you to the list.
Thanks Myrd
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Pyro wrote:Changing the color to a light green (or cyan, or pink, etc) is only one step. With Oak or Amber, you would need to make a new hue change and make it alter that color. There are 3 choices for "Use as" for that hue change. Primary Color means it will replace the color with the player's primary color. If the player is part of a team, then the primary color is the team captain's primary color. Secondary Color means it will replace the color with the player's secondary color. If the player is part of a team, then the secondary color is the player's primary color. None means the color won't be altered from whatever you set it in the collection reference. When playing in single player instead of using primary/secondary colors from the player and or team, it uses the colors found in its collection reference.
Thanks Pyro. I should be able to figure it out with the info you and Myrd gave me. Once I am sure the game is working right I will start working on getting the Chickens to match the Players colors.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Yes there going to be a cock fighting map?
Road

Post by Road »

You could also use the chickens that I posted at the tain and set what ever colors you like as the team colours.
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/chicken